This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending my SO something..

last month, I sent my SO a long 5 page letter to him basically pouring out my feelings like I never have before, along with a picture of a dinosaur on a scooter I colored (haha) well for our 6 month, he sent me a necklace and bracelet that was his grandmothers! needless to say, I cried like a baby.

I want to send him something special, but I don't know what. I need your help guys!

everytime I've ever asked him what, he said just to see me. which, at the moment, is not possible. I wanna send him something that will remind him of me but isn't lame, you know?

help?!

Pictures are always nice. I email my SO photos all the time, so it doesn't necessarily seem that special. But for one gift, I printed off a bunch of different pictures in a very small size (probably about 1.5 inch by 2.5 inch). I cut them out and wrote notes on each one. He can choose whichever one he likes and carry it around with him. A video could also be nice. Anything that helps him to feel like you are there even though your not would be a great gift, I think.

Comment

thank you. I actually might send him a picture, I just wish I could think of anything else. he's not an easy person to get stuff for at ALL.

Comment

I thought about it some more- what if you put together a kit of all kinds of thing that would remind him of you- photos, music, videos, fabric with your perfume sprayed on it or something else that smells like you, your favorite foods or something to eat that is special to the two of you for some reason, etc. It could be "you" in a box!

Comment

I LOVE that!! thank you so much!

Comment

I do pictures. I've also done a video and burned it onto a DVD so he can watch it any time he needs to see me. I've done music too. I've done a few mixed CD's but I made a couple of just my favorite music. We can agree on music but our "favorite" music is quite different. He likes the heavy metal, screaming at the top of lungs, what did they say music. And he describes my music as hippie music. lol When I asked what he thought about that CD he said "Well it makes me think of you....so I like it." ahaha I don't think he really ever listens to it unless I'm with him.

i like the fabrics and food idea! I have a couple of his shirts....I wear them to sleep. I'm sure he'd love one of your shirts even if he can't wear them to sleep. lol And the fave foods thing is really cute!

Comment

thank you guys for the awesome ideas. they helped a lot!

Comment

They are all really awesome ideas, have you thought of keeping a diary for a certain amount of time and then sending it to him. I'm sending my guy a bunch of things from my life, like bus tickets, newspaper articles, small little things I have seen when in town.
                Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

The main LFAD site has a bunch of awesome gift ideas, some more expensive than others.

Comment

Working...
                  X