Pressed flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressed flowers

A few nights ago my mum found a pink flower flattened between the pages of one of the heavy books in our bookcase downstairs. When she showed it to me I remembered that I was the one who had put it there the previous year; I'd picked it at the beginning of spring with the intention of posting it to my sweetheart (along with a letter) once it had dried. I liked the idea of him having a small piece of my homeland to keep while we were apart, hoping it'd make us feel closer somehow... but I'd forgotten all about the flower! My boyfriend and I get to see each other far more often these days so there wouldn't be much point in sending it now. I thought I'd share the idea with you guys though in case it's something you'd like to try

Here is a pretty straightforward guide on how to achieve good results.

That's so beautiful! I love the retro-quaint look of pressed flowers. My best friend used to put them in her letters to me when I was at summer camp.

Comment

Pretty!

Comment

I been using my breaing dawn book to press the rose petals he sent me since valentines and now. There so pretty! Love this idea so much.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Very pretty! I pressed a few petals of the very first flowers my SO gave to me. Still have them

Comment

I really like this idea. Does anybody know if pressed flowers are legal to send abroad generally? The customs laws are so strict about any kind of agriculture, but I've never seen pressed, dried flowers mentioned.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I should try this! I pressed a flower from my V-day bouquet! (First flowers he ever gave me )

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                I really like this idea. Does anybody know if pressed flowers are legal to send abroad generally? The customs laws are so strict about any kind of agriculture, but I've never seen pressed, dried flowers mentioned.
                Oh, now you mention it I don't actually know! I can't imagine why it should be a problem. I mean, as far as I know you aren't usually allowed to transport foreign plant and animal life over continental borders in case they get into the wild and disrupt natural ecosystems... but pressed flowers aren't exactly alive I think the worst that could happen is they might destroy your letter, but I don't know what the world is coming to if customs have become that overzealous!

Comment

My SO said you can't send pressed flowers. That they wont let you, cause if you could he would have sent me some already. Something about possibly spreading toxins or idk actually. But he said we can't.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                    My SO said you can't send pressed flowers. That they wont let you, cause if you could he would have sent me some already. Something about possibly spreading toxins or idk actually. But he said we can't.
                    That's a real shame. I'm thinking the next best thing would be to save them and hand them over in person at a later date? Haha, I'm not sure now! But thank you and your SO for clarifying the postage question, at least

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                      I kinda figured that would be the case, the regulations are extremely strict. Too bad, we have beautiful wildfowers here in summer that would have been nice to press and send.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Aww, I love this idea too When I get my first flowers from my SO (if I ever do ), I'll press them if I can!

Comment

I kept the first flower I ever gave to my girl when I picked her up at the airport. She forgot it when she left so I just pressed it and will give it to her later. thanks for the great idea

Comment

My so always says how he has horrible luck. Soo.. I picked a 4-leaf clover from my yard, pressed it and sent it to him with a letter.
                            He seemed to like it and I really like flowers in general, so I may do it some other time with other ones as well. ^_^;
                            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Wonderful idea! I should have thought of it before I love to press flowers lol, going to get started on doing this right away

Comment

Working...
                              X