Love Letters in Movies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Letters in Movies :)

I just watched the movie "A Knight's Tale" and I thought the love letter was very cute.. So I'll share it..

(it's not exactly a love-letter-idea, but it's sweet)

And it also fits with a bit with the long-distance-theme

My dearest Jocelyn:

It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to. I next compete in the city of Paris, I will find it empty and in the winter if you are not there. Hope guides me, that is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight, it will not be the last time that I look upon you.

With all the love that I possess...I remain yours...

The knight of your heart.

William.
    Last edited by Lilly9886; April 3, 2012, 04:02 PM.

Ohh I love that film! And was actually thinking about watching the dvd yesterday!

Comment

I love that movie. The Princess Bride is another one of my favorites... long lost love and all that.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Now that I saw your thread I remembered a love letter from Sex and the City, written by Beethoven... here it is, and it's LDR themed too...

To the Immortal Beloved

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us - I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits - Yes, unhappily it must be so - You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves. And yet my life in V is now a wretched life - Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men - At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection? My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once - Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
        ever thine
        ever mine
        ever ours

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Wow! That's an amazing love letter!
          Thanks for sharing!!
          and cool that you remembered!

Comment

A Knights Tale was the very first movie my boyfriend and I watched together, and I must say your post brought back very pleasant memories. (:

Comment

Excellent letter, so beautiful...
              I'll have to check out that movie again. I know it mentions a few letters in that scene.
              sigpic
              Our Story
              Met Online: April 2012
              Officially Together:
              June 2012
              First Meeting:
              October 2012
              Next Meeting:
              March 2013??

Comment

I also watch that movie. And love that. Afterall love letter is really awesome.
                NoThInG iS ImPoSsiBlE..

Comment

Great movie, and Mr Ledger RIP what a hottie x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                  Second visit scheduled May 2013
                  Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X