X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't sure where to post this....help!

Hi!!

i had a good idea for once
    i want to send my tom a key with a ribbon on it and a tag that says 'the key to my heart'. i know its cheesy, but i think he'll like it. the only problem is i can't find any spare keys online! i'm from england and i don't really want to spend loads, less than about 7 pounds, maybe a few quid more. and i would like an old-ish traditional looking key, but i really can't find any please help me!!

tasha
    x

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

I found lots by going to google shopping and entering "antique key"

https://www.google.com/products?q=an...N&hl=en&tab=wf

Hope that helps!

I bet you could probably find a bunch on ebay too.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Second hand shops might have something... like a really old wardrobe key?
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

thank you all for replying!!!

i checked ebay and i found the perfect one, luckily

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

I love it! And it's REALLY REALLY cheesy.....but I love it! I'm real cheesy....I should do this one too. Haven't done it yet ahaha. Thought it would almost be too expected especially since I am so cheesy. That's what I immediately thought of...ebay. Did you get pics?! I'd like to see.

Comment

lol yeah i'm cheesy too!!!!! tom isn't that cheesy at all though so he might not understand it LOL! I'll take pictures of it this week maybe and upload them :P

Comment

I actually did something similar. I found this key that had hearts on it and was red and sent it to her. Another cute thing was that i had made it a copy of my key so know she has a key to my apartment.. you know, if she is ever in the neighbourhood. =p

Comment

Originally posted by MTK View Post
                Another cute thing was that i had made it a copy of my key so know she has a key to my apartment.. you know, if she is ever in the neighbourhood. =p
                I LOVE that! it's something non-distance couples usually do, but still is a really sweet thing to do when you're long distance. It shows a lot of trust and commitment.
                Read my LDR story!
                Facebook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MTK View Post
                  I actually did something similar. I found this key that had hearts on it and was red and sent it to her. Another cute thing was that i had made it a copy of my key so know she has a key to my apartment.. you know, if she is ever in the neighbourhood. =p
                  That is such an awesome idea and something I will definitely have to keep in mind for later on, thanks for sharing!

Comment

These are such cute ideas, including the duplicate key thing!

Comment

Aw! The key to my heart idea is soooo cute!

Comment

aaaaaw that is so cute =) I might look in some antique stores once school starts to do the same =)

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                          I LOVE that! it's something non-distance couples usually do, but still is a really sweet thing to do when you're long distance. It shows a lot of trust and commitment.
                          My boyfriend has a key to my apartment from when he lived nearby and I forgot about it when he moved away to university. He surprised me with a visit a few weekends ago and just unlocked and walked in my door, it scared the hell out of me! Haha.

Comment

Mine too!! My SO's house key is actually on a lanyard around my shifter in my van...
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                              Mine too!! My SO's house key is actually on a lanyard around my shifter in my van...
                              Perfect for that moment when you finally say "forget it all" and head straight to his place, right?

I was sad when my SO moved from his apartment as I'd had his key for a long time and now he's not in a place I can visit him. I carried it with me for awhile, but realized it was silly since it didn't actually work for any doors. So now I just have my LFAD bracelet which is made into a keychain. It's a good substitute

Comment

Working...
                              X