1st letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st letter

so, me and natacha have been speeking about this for a while, like, posting each other stuff. but ive never posted anny latter, anywhere, to anyone. not even in my country :L.
    so i was just wondering anything specicicaly i need? any sort of special envelopes, stamps etc, and iff i do how much it costs, roughly?

also, would it be worth sending a small letter for the 1st letter, just to make sure that it gets through fine + stuff?

Maybe if you go to the post office, they will let you know what you need to do. I don't think it would have to be in any 'special' envelope, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. As for stamps and the price, I'm not sure what you would need or how much it would cost (I live in the US). I think it would be fine to send any letter. Just write what you want and then send it to see if it will work. I don't think you'd have much of a problem of it getting lost, but then again I've never sent a letter to another country either. haha

I love getting letters from my boyfriend. Have fun sending them and enjoy!!!!
    [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

Comment

my bf sends stuff from england to canada for me all the time. you dont need a special envelope, but there are max and min sizes for things you do send (check the post website), and it costs 90p to send internationally. if its your first time just go to a post office and give them the letter and just tell them you want to send this to canada and they'll know what to do.
      if you send packages make sure to mark them as GIFTS or she could be charged border taxes, and they can be expensive.
      it doesnt take long at all, sometimes 3 days, sometimes 8. it always depends, but its faster from him to me than from me to him. one time i sent him a letter and it took 2.5 weeks! we thought it was lost but it made it! nothing we have sent so far has gotten lost, luckily.
      good luck!

Comment

I always just go to the post office and ask. The man/woman there see me all the time! Not only was I usually there once a week, but it's a very small town and I work at the local Sonic drive in....I see them lots. They always help me out and tell me whether I should just package and send or use the boxes there. They're always more than happy to help. We're both in the US though.

Comment

Working...
        X