Love letter: Hand Written or Typed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love letter: Hand Written or Typed?

Our 3rd anniversary is coming up in Feb. and we've decided not to spend too much money on each other. We'd rather save money for visits. So I decided to just send her a couple cute and lovey things. One of them possibly a love letter. So my question is, do you think a letter is better/more romantic written by hand? I ask because well my hand writing stinks...but I'm sure I could make an effort. lol What are your thoughts? Does it even matter? Help! And if I do hand write it, do I do it on regular paper or "fancy" paper?

Any other suggestions or ideas for this lovey stuff would be great. Thanks!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Fancy paper and hand written!! Definitely hand written is way more personal.

Comment

I was thinking this the other day! My handwriting sucks, bid time, so I figured she may have difficulty reading it to be honest, I think I've decided to type and write it out though, and even translate and print in her language incase she doesn't understand something lol, lot of effort though. but that's fine by me!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I would prefer hand written, especially if you send it via post. It would be strange to send a typed letter, for me anyways
        But we have also send little love emails so then it's different and I have written letters by hand and then scanned them in and sent them via email. So many ways to write and send love letters!

Comment

I agree with snow_girl. What I've done for things like this is type up a draft of the letter, and work through it once or twice before I actually start writing it. Then I can take my time copying it over to my fancy paper and not worry about changing my mind mid-word (which I do sometimes, lololol) or mid-sentence and then having to start over again, or scratch out things.

I participated in a weekend retreat of sorts at my (hopefully) future home church about a year and a half ago, and my friends & family were asked to write me letters to read during the weekend (unknown to me). When I read Nix's I was actually a teeny bit disappointed because he didn't hand write it, his excuse was he has chicken-scratch handwriting. Now, the sentiment and love was still there, but the handwritten letters just added another level of intimacy.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Voting for hand written 100%. I'm sure you can make your writing readable, even if it was bad It's so much more personal, I think. I'd also use fancier paper.

Comment

Handwritten. Its a lot more personal.

Met Online: 02/2012
              Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
              First Met in person: 09/22/2012
              Started Dating: 10/30/2012
              Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Definitely handwritten. Even if your handwriting sucks as you say, it will still make her smile. It doesn't have to be on fancy paper. You could just use regular paper and doodle on it in the corners. Or just use different coloured pens. If you're mailing it to her, spray some pieces of tissue paper with something that you use and slip between the pages of the letter. Scented letters are amazing!
                “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I see a consensus here! hehe I love it! Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I kinda knew the answer already but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over thinking it. Ya know? I think I will go on the hunt for fancy paper this weekend and maybe a nice pen so my writing isn't all smudged and blotchy, aka worse than it already is! hahaha

I really like your idea Kiyama, of writing and scanning a letter. Definetly something I can do later on! Thanks!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    What I've done for things like this is type up a draft of the letter, and work through it once or twice before I actually start writing it. Then I can take my time copying it over to my fancy paper and not worry about changing my mind mid-word (which I do sometimes, lololol) or mid-sentence and then having to start over again, or scratch out things.
                    I do this too!

Comment

It is finest hand written!
                      specially if you want it to be very special and consequential because it tells the recipient one that you actually cared enough to write it in your own handwriting . It speaks volume.
                      For long distance relationships, you can hand write your love letter and then scan and send it to the recipient.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!
                        Her anniversary gift is all ready to be sent out and I decided to write the little love letter inside the card I'm giving her. My wrtting stinks but I took my time and made it look a purtty. hehe I know she'll love it!

Comment

Hand-written all the way for me! I used to exchange letter in my last LDR and I felt so much connection through a hand-written letter (even if there are mistakes is makes it more real and personal). And having it written on a fancy paper and doodling helps too! When I write I also make sure to be as casual as I am as if I'm talking to him in person.
                          A typed-letter for me is as same as an e-mail and I don't feel much for it even if the font looks hand-written (that might be even worse).
                          I still wish to see my SO's handwriting even if it sucks but since it takes an eternity for letter to arrive there I wonder if I'll ever convince him to send me a letter... maybe I should try sending another with that request. =)

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
                          Got separated: August 2016
                          Reunion: July 2017
                          Officially together: January 2018
                          ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Handwritten and on somewhat nice paper is an awesome idea! It shows you put some effort into it, and didn't just type it down on a computer!

Met online: February 2011
                            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

https://pinterest.com/pin/161777811585763088/

thats some paper i have been waiting to make could be really cool!
                              handwritten for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X