Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a cute way to propose in front of her family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a cute way to propose in front of her family?

Hello all I need help for cute proposal idea I would like to ask my girlfriend of 2 and 1/2 years to marry me. I asked her parents permission and now they want it in front of them. Her mom wants it to be on Valentine's day but I don't want to I want it to be soon. What can I do that is still cute?

A word of caution, do a little digging (you may need to enlist her best mate to help) and find out if she actually wants a public proposal or a private one, because that's important to a girl. It's not about her parents and I'm sure they'll understand.

Also, some chicks really like being proposed to on a date that's already special (Vals, Xmas, New years, whatever) but others of us want to have a new date to remember.

Anyway that's beside the point. You could have a proposal cake made and watch her face as it's bought out after a family dinner.
    Or everyone can go to her parents house to watch a movie, except ten minutes in, it cuts to a recording of you saying all the reasons you love her. Have some soft music following that on the disk and while it plays in the back ground, get down on you knee and do your thing!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

ok, arrange it with her family and friends to be at a certain park, fountain, building (something that is important to both of you) get the family and friends involved, ask her to go for a walk with you, and have one of your "helpers" take an mp3 player, with speakers, with her favorite songs on it, and (out of sight) have them begin to play the music while you are walking, then when you get to the spot you decided to do the proposal, have the music get louder, then do the whole knee thing and propose. Make sure there are plenty of hiding places for the friends and family... benches where they can sit behind a newspaper and not be obvious, or trees to hide behind, and after you pop the question, they can all come out of hiding...

at least that is how I view a romantic proposal...

make it your own, and do right by her, put some effort into the proposal. Find out what she would like, and make it special for her, but remember you aren't just marrying her, you are marrying her family as well, try to keep them happy too.

Comment

I agree with Zephii: try to find out if she would like this kind of proposal. Personally, when my SO proposed to me it was a really private, intimate moment and I wouldn't have been comfortable in front of my family. But I know some people are into that!

Anyways, if she is into that, I like Zephii's cake idea or you could bake it into her fortune cookie or something.

Comment

If she likes a lot of attention, she may enjoy a flash mob! There's loads of videos for ideas on YouTube and you can get loads of family and friends involved!

Comment

I disagree with the comment that you're also marrying your SO's family. But, that's besides the point here.

Definitely find out if she even wants a public proposal. If her parents want to see it, get someone to video it for you and you can play it for them later. I was glad my SO didn't propose on a holiday - I told him I wanted it to be on an ordinary day.

But, if you want your families involved, I vote do a family dinner or something and "make a special dessert". Put the ring box on the plate and decorate around it - do NOT put the ring in any food or drink item. When it's dessert time, you say, "Oh! I made a special dessert!" and you go grab the plate, and put it in front of her (ring box open) and then do a little "why I love you" speech. And ask her to marry you. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I wanted him to actually say, "Will you marry me?" not, "be my wife" or anything else. I wanted him to actually ask me - and that he did.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

It is cute that her parents are cheering you on, but it is her you are proposing to. make it so it suites her personality. To me, the whole public proposal thing would not go down. I just want to be wanted, in private, so I prefer just hearing that and no other people involved. You probably know she if likes attention to your relationship (and what kind) or not, use that info to tailor it to her needs. Because marriage is about knowing her and being curious of who she is.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't think this person is on here anymore. He asked the question last April.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                  I don't think this person is on here anymore. He asked the question last April.
                  Crap! I got sucked into the zombie thread.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    Crap! I got sucked into the zombie thread.
                    Suckaaaaaa! *Insert zombie smilie here*

Comment

Working...
                    X