Daily Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Emails

I started daily emails when we were friends and have hardly missed a day even now almost a year later. He loves them, some you would say are love letters some are notes. Its the first thing he reads in the morning, ive even watched him wake from skype and read them before even talking to me. Its perfect to see his face light up. He very much needs to hear from me each morning, he writes a email a few times a week to reply and I get them when I wake up. He says I am so good with my words he feels he isnt but truth is anything we say to each other is from the heart so it means the world to us both.

I do try once a month to handwrite a note, its important he see my writing I think and hold something from me even if just a letter ever so often.

That*s such a great thing to do for your SO. So, correct me if I am wrong - you are handwriting him a letter (a love letter or anything else) then scan it on your computer and send it to him??? It is very romantic and I am glad your SO likes it. Unfortunatelly, my SO is not that romantic (we haven*t even met yet, so I might be wrong!!!) and I just don*t know what he will think of me doing that. At first, I always tried to send him texts in the morning telling him to have a great day, or just a short text during the day just to see that I am thinking of him. He always replied back, but I just saw that he did not send me those type of sweet messages on his own, so I started to just quit sending them (or at least send them rarely). I was mad, because I thought that maybe he didn*t care about me, but as the relationship evolved I understood that he*s just like that and that is his way of being. He is independent, free and a little imature I guess. We don*t even talk everyday (just every 2 days) and for only 10-20 minute and I feel he is not too much of a phone talker. But we have good conversations and I love the fact that our relationship is not based on burning passion, but on understanding, confidence, sincerity and calm. I guess every couple has its own communication frequency and the romantic side also varies.
    So, it*s good that your SO enjoys this kind of "gifts" and keep sending them to him, because it will strenghten the relationship. What do you think - should I send a handwritten loveletter to my boyfriend, even if he might not appreciate those romantic things???? What will he think???

Comment

I've been doing daily emails for a long while too. If you don't mind me asking, what kinds of things do you write to him about? I feel like I've run out of ideas and I feel like it could be getting stale but he insists that I continue with it. I like doing it and it was my idea but I sometimes have no idea what to write about.

Comment

Have you tried sending him songs you like or that remind you of him?

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I see you and your SO are in the same boat as me and mine - I'm in the UK and he is in WA.

An email every day is a wonderful achievement and I really admire your discipline and dedication. Your SO is really lucky, and it's even better that he appreciates what you're doing.

Do you write long messages or just short ones? How long does it usually take you to write one?
          London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Originally posted by JET View Post
            Have you tried sending him songs you like or that remind you of him?
            No, I haven't done that but it's a good idea. Lately, I've been sharing blog posts (I'm into blogging) that I find really interesting with him. Sometimes we end up discussing them over the phone later. My music choices aren't very romantic honestly, lol, so I don't get reminders of him when I'm listening to music! Our anniversary is coming up- it could be a fun idea to find a song that reminds me of him and send it or the lyrics to him. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by TriniCherryPrincess View Post
              I've been doing daily emails for a long while too. If you don't mind me asking, what kinds of things do you write to him about? I feel like I've run out of ideas and I feel like it could be getting stale but he insists that I continue with it. I like doing it and it was my idea but I sometimes have no idea what to write about.
              I would love to do this. I used to send my SO a handwritten letter every month (because I was a poor college student and couldn't afford stamps xD) but very rarely do we email each other. I feel like it would work for maybe 2-3 weeks, but I would also run out of ideas...

I'd really like to at least TRY though. Good stuff!

Comment

We do a big e-mail everyday to each other too, have done every day since we started talking last October, although they started off as PMs on a forum. I tend to write them when I just get in from work as due to time difference when I'm finishing work he's usually just starting. I just tell him about all the things that I've done that day in a similar way I would tell him in person over dinner if he were here. They're probably incredibly dull to anyone else! He has to take a ferry ride to and from work everyday so he will write his then, I love reading them as it makes not being able to talk on work days a bit easier.

Comment

Due to changes in his job situation, we will be relying on e-mail more now. I also send him e-cards. I like the idea of daily e-mails. Before it was only occasional e-mail, because we were on chat nearly every day. I like the idea of e-mail because it can be longer, and I won't have to worry about interruptions, as happens so often on chat or Skype.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I love the idea of daily emails, too, but I'm a words of affirmation person. I was sending my SO a morning email every, single day, but he didn't seem to care much. He isn't big on words; he's more an action kind of guy. He doesn't do much reading of any kind, so my emails just didn't appeal to him, I guess. I was emailing all day long, too, and I would send pics and links. One day I realized that was getting on his nerves more than anything. During his vacation on his cruise, I knew he wouldn't be checking emails often and stopped sending the daily morning emails. It didn't seem to matter, so I never resumed sending those. I do send some emails and links, but I try to keep it way down. I was kind of disappointed that he didn't mention missing the morning ones, because I thought he looked forward to them. If he said he missed them, I'd gladly resume sending them.

It's so hard for a words of affirmation to understand that written or spoken words don't mean the same thing to someone else! I'm trying, but it's a struggle. I know he loves me, and he shows it in other ways.

I do think the daily emails are great ideas and show you care lots to take time to do that. I'd love getting something like that, too. You are showing your love in a real and sweet way. Hope your SO does truly appreciate it.

Comment

Daily emails sounds nice. I don't mail my so much though and he rarely. mails me. We are in contact every day on Viber and Skype. He likes love letters, but online I think he prefers it more two way. We have only one hour time difference. I write him letters to send or take with me about once a month.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Daily e-mails is how we do it. Since 2010, I think. We start the (work) days by sending a "good morning, how are you?" e-mail and then go on from there, until it's time to go home
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                          I love the idea of daily emails, too, but I'm a words of affirmation person. I was sending my SO a morning email every, single day, but he didn't seem to care much. He isn't big on words; he's more an action kind of guy. He doesn't do much reading of any kind, so my emails just didn't appeal to him, I guess. I was emailing all day long, too, and I would send pics and links. One day I realized that was getting on his nerves more than anything. During his vacation on his cruise, I knew he wouldn't be checking emails often and stopped sending the daily morning emails. It didn't seem to matter, so I never resumed sending those. I do send some emails and links, but I try to keep it way down. I was kind of disappointed that he didn't mention missing the morning ones, because I thought he looked forward to them. If he said he missed them, I'd gladly resume sending them.

It's so hard for a words of affirmation to understand that written or spoken words don't mean the same thing to someone else! I'm trying, but it's a struggle. I know he loves me, and he shows it in other ways.

I do think the daily emails are great ideas and show you care lots to take time to do that. I'd love getting something like that, too. You are showing your love in a real and sweet way. Hope your SO does truly appreciate it.
                          Your guy sounds like mine. He never sends me e-cards, not even on special occasions, not on my birthday, not holidays, not our anniversary (he gets two cards from me then, because it is also his birthday), he never sends me links to things he's interested in, he never sends me videos. He doesn't even send me e-mail. I do all of those things for him. I'm the one who always initiates chats, and I send him fun, cute or sexy photos and quotes, sometimes send him pics of me. And I always tell him I love him when we are on chat. He rarely tells me. Once in a while, he sends me photos of where he is, like at the beach, shopping, or at the park, nice scenic photos, but never of him. I don't know why. He's a nice looking guy, and I would love to have some photos of him. The only photos I have are some I tagged on Facebook, nothing recent.

Tonight I did a few of the assignments in the workbook, and we have some serious communication issues. Not a good thing on a LDR. I'm not sure he is even aware of it.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I do this for my boyfriend. :] It's not a daily thing, just when I really miss him, or I'm upset and he's asleep and can't talk. He loves them. At first, I didn't think he cared for them or read them, but I glanced at his laptop one time when we were together and he was checking his emails, he has his own separate folder for my emails that's labelled "My Love." I died when I saw it. He tells me all the time now how much he loves them and that he actually looks forward to reading them in the morning when he wakes up. He says it's his new habit, he wakes up, grabs his phone or laptop, and checks his email to see if I sent him something. :] I'm about to start sending him real letters, and making some "Open When..." letters. I love these ideas.

It really surprised me how much he loves them and that he reads all of them. He tells me no other girl has done that for him before, ever, and that they make him really happy and flattered. Lol.

I should mention mine are like [love] letters, and not a back-and-forth thing.
                            Last edited by whatruckus; June 3, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I love sending my SO emails. I don't do it everyday but I often do it after she goes to bed early. She works at 4am but gets up at 3am. So the first thing she sees in the morning is my email. She says she loves them. I also do it a lot more when I'm at the cottage during the Summer and we can't catch-up as much. via text or chat, because we are both busy.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                              Married April 18th, 2015!!
                              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                              X