A Birthday Letter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Birthday Letter!

My SO's birthday is next month, and as well as presents, I want to send him a birthday letter. I've sent him letters before, but they've always been soppy ones (which I love, of course, I can never explain how much I love him in a letter). But I want to write about something more, but how do I do that without making it sound cheesy? My letters always seem to sound cheesy in a strange way.

What type of letters does every-one else write?
    [CENTER]

I always put a little sarcasm in my letters...they're still cheesy, but they're cheesy-sarcastic. I write to him as if I was just talking, I don't try to make the letter formal or anything, I just write it like how I would say it. It gives the letter a more personal feel to it.
    It's kind of hard to express your feeling about someone without sounding cheesy, so there's really nothing you can do about that. Just sit down, think long and hard about what you want to say and how you want to say it. I'm sure he'll love whatever you write.
    This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Whenever I write a letter to my boyfriend it's always lovey dovey

Comment

Heh, mine are soooooo cheesy. In my last letter I just explained all the things I would love to do to him. Something like I would like to touch his nose with my nose and lay in bed next to him and so on. I think in the letter before that I wrote him a long list of things that I miss about him. Super cheesy as well.

Maybe you could tell him about some things you've done together but from your perspective. How you felt when you two met or how you did a trip to the zoo and it was one of the best days in your life and you could explain what you were thinking. Like "I remember when we were looking at the monkeys and you blah blah blah and I thought you're such a kind man when you said this...". That doesn't need to be so cheesy and it is personal.

Comment

I love all these ideas! I'm thinking of either sending a birthday letter, and writing a few letters in this project I'm doing for him for our anniversary
          [CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X