Cologne/Perfume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cologne/Perfume

I sent a letter to my SO and I indirectly applied some cologne to it. While it feels a little cheezy, I remember getting a letter from a girl once that had this amazing perfume scent on it and it drove me crazy (in a good way). So I thought I would try it, but didn't put too much on. I'm wondering if it even had the scent when she opened it. She didn't mention it.

Thoughts on this? Have you tried it? Do you like it when your SO has done it? Do you think its a stupid idea?

Originally posted by monkinlove View Post
    I sent a letter to my SO and I indirectly applied some cologne to it. While it feels a little cheezy, I remember getting a letter from a girl once that had this amazing perfume scent on it and it drove me crazy (in a good way). So I thought I would try it, but didn't put too much on. I'm wondering if it even had the scent when she opened it. She didn't mention it.

Thoughts on this? Have you tried it? Do you like it when your SO has done it? Do you think its a stupid idea?
    Not stupid at all. A nice, personal touch...and Very romantic! The nice thing about hand-written letters is that they can be kept in a keep-sake box and re-read, and if a letter is scented, it's even better, brings up memories or imagination of being together. I would love it if my SO would do that for me. *Sigh*

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I don't think it's a stupid idea at all! Every letter I mail to my SO, I spritz with my perfume. He loves it too, it reminds him of me. And the scent is always still on it by the time he gets it (usually 3, 4 days). I've also asked him to spray his cologne on letters he sends to me, and he's also sprayed it on a shirt before that he's sent. Again, the smell is always still there and lasts a few days after that. It makes me feel closer to him and it always brings back happy memories from when we were together

Comment

I did it with something I sent my SO once. I think I put a good bit on so that it would still be lingering when he got it, can't remember if that worked or not though. My friends and I used to do it in school too lol, it was one of our many weird note-passing rituals.
        "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

I sent my SO a cute sweater for a little sort of Easter present and sprayed it with my perfume (I was supposed to actually send her a bottle of my perfume but they just recently changed laws on things you can ship internationally and perfume has sadly been banned) and she really really loved it because it made the whole package smell of the perfume. it's just a really cute thing to do because they have something to cuddle with that smells like you :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

My SO and I would exchange shirts and every time we exchanged them we would spray our perfume cologne before sending them.

Comment

I'm making a box full of "open when" letters for my s/o. Originally, I was gonna spray one with my favorite perfume, but then I discovered I have a small sample bottle of the stuff. I figured I'd just put the sample in the box. The smell won't dissipate over time, and it's not like I'm using it.

Comment

The only downside to spraying a letter with cologne/perfume is that it smears the ink a little. At least it always does for me lol, so I like the idea of sending a sample bottle! I have a few of those, so I think i'll include that in the next box I send him (which hopefully will be tomorrow)

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
                  The only downside to spraying a letter with cologne/perfume is that it smears the ink a little. At least it always does for me lol, so I like the idea of sending a sample bottle! I have a few of those, so I think i'll include that in the next box I send him (which hopefully will be tomorrow)
                  I use a runny inky pen to write (I think it makes my writing look neater!) so I spritz a little of my perfume on a tissue paper and place it between the letter pages that way it doesn't get smeared. The first time I sent my boyfriend something he said his room smelled like me for a week. He's deployed now and although he cautioned me against sending him anything to sappy he said scents were fine...he's actually looking forward to that (:
                  “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBox View Post
                    I use a runny inky pen to write (I think it makes my writing look neater!) so I spritz a little of my perfume on a tissue paper and place it between the letter pages that way it doesn't get smeared. The first time I sent my boyfriend something he said his room smelled like me for a week. He's deployed now and although he cautioned me against sending him anything to sappy he said scents were fine...he's actually looking forward to that (:
                    Aw I love this! Good idea..I should've thought of that! I'm always sad when the ink gets smeared when I spray it. I also usually put lipstick on and kiss the letter too..hope that isn't too weird! I did it once and he liked it, so i've done it with every letter since!

Comment

I also love scented papers and cards that are readily available at the bookstore. It seems very old fashioned to send handwritten letters by mail when you have access to emails and e-cards, but still I find it very romantic. My SO also loves to send me samples of perfumes he adores.

Comment

I've sprayed my perfume into boxes that I've sent him. He loved it. If you get the chance check out cardstore.com. You can custom make cards with photos you upload and then they will either mail them to you or right to your SO. It's only about $3.50 with the postage. I don't know if they do international, though. I always make sure to take lots of pics with my SO And then send a card when I get home.
                        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
                          The only downside to spraying a letter with cologne/perfume is that it smears the ink a little.
                          Have you tried spraying the back of the page (the side you didn't write on)?
                          first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                          second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anoulie View Post
                            Have you tried spraying the back of the page (the side you didn't write on)?
                            I would, except my letters are usually two pages, front and back..although now I guess I should write two pages on separate pieces of paper so I can spray the back of the page without it smearing! Thanks!

Comment

I received my SO's greeting card with his scent on it. (He likes Old Spice which has really funny commercials - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGy...E&noredirect=1 )

What he did was that after he wrote his letter, he sprayed the card at a certain distance. That way it won't smear the ink, but still catch the scent on the card. He repeated it over and over so that it would stay on the card for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X