Alphabet Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphabet Gifts

So I decided to send my SO gifts throughout the next couple months (until we end our distance in Jan) and I went with the alphabet theme-each gift starts with the next letter of the alphabet. But I seem to be getting stuck with some letters.
    A- I sent him "Art" (a painting I did for him)
    B- Im sending him a "book" hes shown interest in, but i know he hasnt bought for himself yet.
    C- IDK, I dont want to go with CD, bc ive done that before.. but if i dont think of anything by then i guess i'll have to.
    D- "Dragon" silly bands. Yep, cheesey Im sure, but I bet he thinks of me whenever he sees them :P

and from then on Im pretty stuck.. I think for P, ill do a "Poster"-theres one at the comic book store by my house he liked when he visited, if they get anymore in stock. or a Tron movie poster? idk.
    Z im sure will be zombie related.

but does anyone else have any suggestions for gift ideas? I'd really appreciate them, no matter how cheesey or silly or anything.

"Waking up to you every morning, and falling asleep next to you every night. That sounds so perfect, I think I could do that for the rest of my life."

C - comic? maybe draw (or create on the computer) a comic strip about your relationship?
    S - scrap book

I'll keep thinking about it and post more if I can think of more.

Comment

E - something electronic... or you could do that for U - usb.
      F - frilly. Send him some lace underwear or something.
      G - Geeky, Gizmo, Gadget, Gummy bears?
      H -Home.. send him a tiny house statue or fridge magnet

Uhm..

K - Knickers!
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

When I first saw this thread, I took it a completely different direction...

Instead of sending your SO alphabetical gifts (which might be a problem for those of us who are financially challenged), you could include a quote/memory/favorite attribute that started with each letter.

For example, in my first letter I'd include:
        "A is for AAHS - the place we first met. I think we would have been friends sooner if you weren't constantly sleeping through class.....
        B is for brown - the color of your eyes. I love them!"
        And so and and so forth, ect. ect.

Each letter could include one or more items in the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn Hope View Post
          When I first saw this thread, I took it a completely different direction...

Instead of sending your SO alphabetical gifts (which might be a problem for those of us who are financially challenged), you could include a quote/memory/favorite attribute that started with each letter.
          I actually have been doing quotes along with the gifts :P
          But I havent been spending alot of money on it, and I dont pay for shipping at the moment, so I guess I'm lucky in that. Ive been trying no to spend too much.. but I keep thinking of V-Video Game (we're both gamers) but theres no way to get out of the cheaply. So i guess we'll see with that!

and i'm loving the ideas so far. Knickers=awesome, Zep :P

"Waking up to you every morning, and falling asleep next to you every night. That sounds so perfect, I think I could do that for the rest of my life."

Comment

M: Movie.. I would pick a movie with the first letter of the title as an M
            F: Framed Picture of you or something random...

Comment

I-how about an Ice Tray? Or the Incredibles (you can color a picture, or get the dvd or find something with the incredibles on it depending on how much you'd like to spend)
              J-Jelly or Jam
              L-Licorice
              M-A cool magnet
              N-Naughty or Nude (you could send/draw a naughty picture or story you write)
              O-Oreos lol
              P-Photo
              Q-Quilt Quarter
              R-Rose (like a candy rose)

Comment

This is a fantastic idea!

Comment

I totally love this idea as well!
                  I'm going to be doing it too, I think. :P Mitch would really love it.

Comment

E- elephant? If you wanted to make it mushy, you could say it's because they never forget, just like you never forget your first kiss with him (or something like that)

M - massage, so give him a coupon for 1 free massage the next time he sees you or something like that.

T- tea, maybe a package of your favourite tea?

U- a silly umbrella? or glue something together so that it's "unseperable"? You might have to explain that one though.

X- I don't suppose you're ever broken any bones and kept the xray from it? Because that would be awesomely random................but unlikely I'm guessing.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                    -- Anonymous

Comment

I love this thread and I will "borrow" your idea for his 18th birthday gift-package. His birthday is in May, but I wanna start early, since packages take forever to send from Germany to the U.S.
                      I will upload my list as soon as I though of something for every letter

Comment

Originally posted by alece View Post
                        Ive been trying no to spend too much.. but I keep thinking of V-Video Game (we're both gamers) but theres no way to get out of the cheaply.
                        Maybe for V you could do vacation... and then have pictures or something... and a list of things you'd want to do there together ^_^

Comment

Yes, this is a very cool idea for gifts!

M- Magnet, see if you could find a magnet that says I love you, or one of those poetry magnet collections and write something out
                          N- Nuts, because you are crazy (nuts) about your SO

This IS hard...!

Comment

Hmmm this is hard. Can't even think of a gift that begins with an 'O' ...

Ornament? like for christmas? haha i don't know!

But i think what you're doing is cute.
                            sigpic

Comment

this is a very fun idea

the first suggestion that came to my mind is for X- a small xylophone i loved those when i was a kid
                              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                              X