I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help!

So I've mentioned on here a few times I'm making my SO a scrapbook for our fifth anniversary. Trouble is, I've never made a scrapbook ever, and I want it to be perfect and not like a five year old made it.

Can any-one offer me any tips, advice or even examples of one's they've done before?

It would be greatly appreciated
    [CENTER]

I've never made a scrapbook for my SO, but i have made one before.

My technique is just to check out a local craft store for ideas. They will have tons of fun 3-D elements you can use as well as tons of inspiration. Sometimes they even have sample books you can check out.

After you do that just toss all of your favorite pictures on a big flat surface so you can see what kind of a theme you want to focus on, that can make things easier. Or just close your eyes and the first memories that come into your head- those are the ones you really want to put at the forefront of the book.

The most important thing is that you have fun, because when your having fun you are creating something that I'm sure your SO will love

Comment

Aww scrapbooking is so much fun! I used to make scrapbooks from my travels and my Mom is an awesome scrapbooker. We even went to a scrapbooking convention (oh Utah).

Nicole.Denn's advice is solid! Just go to a craft store or look around on the internet for ideas. There are so many cool scrapbooking companies now so you are sure to find great little embellishments, paper, etc.

Comment

I love to scrapbook! i posted pics of my first one for my bf in an album on my profile. i just made a second one of our second trip but he still hasnt gotten it and its driving me crazy keeping the surprise for 2 months!!

i start out by picking which pics i want and printing them all out. then you separate them into pages so you know what themes you have. like a day at the beach, a day in another town, a day out. then i go to the scrapbook store so i know exactly what stickers and background pages im looking for. that way you dont buy too much or too little and have to go back. then you just start!
        i like to include a title page sort of thing with the dates of our trip and where we were and stuff. then at the end i put some of my favorite pictures and a letter to him.
        i use a lot of random things in my scrapbook. i like saving lots of pamphlets and tickets and those all go in there. if you go somewhere else and you get a map, those are always great for background pages.
        some tips are to get letter stickers, those are sooo useful and easy to use. i also like to write a lot about what we did on a particular day because my bf doesnt have the best memory in the world. i go to a dollar store for a lot of my supplies. they are really cheap but still really nice. and when i get stuck i look online for inspiration, a lot of other people post pics of their scrapbooks online, so ill google "beach scrapbook" and get loads of ideas.

good luck!

Comment

Oh haha, I just posted a thread about scrapbooking. :P This website seems pretty good: https://www.everything-about-scrapbo...g-layouts.html

Comment

Working...
          X