Scented Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scented Letters

I'm sure lots of people have done this before, but I bought a perfume when I was in the UK and with Matt. So, for the whole year I was wearing that one perfume. I wear others now, but he won't recognise them. When I send a letter, I spray a little on so that when he opens it, he'll smell me. :o Scent is one of the more powerful memory enhancers (I'm not sure if that's the correct word for it) and so when he smells it, his thoughts may turn to some of the times we've had together...

I always spray letters for Ky with my perfume . I've also soaked a heart shaped piece of felt in my perfume and sent that along with a letter. Ky and I are yet to meet in person but at least this gives him an indication of my scent. I highly recommend sending items with your scent on it, it can be very comforting!

Comment

My fiancee Garnet sent a card with her scent on it for me before we had actually met in person as well. It was definitely a nice sort of "piece" of her to have before we could be together. Even though smelling it on cardboard isn't the same as on her.

Not letter specific, but another thing she did was when she sent a care package, included a small container of her perfume in it, so that I could say spray it on my pillow when I go to sleep. I highly recommend this! Just so long as your guy isn't too manly to be caught owning a bottle of perfume.

Before I left last trip, I also left my bottle of cologne with her to use, since I only ever really wear it when I'm with her. Then we can both scent up whatever we want with each others' smell.

Comment

Yeah - I left my old bottle of perfume -with a little left in the bottom- for Matt before I left the UK. I like to think he uses it for that... I also made him a small heart-shaped cushion that I covered in that same perfume. He has since tied it onto a teddy I bought him for Christmas, which he keeps on his bed. I definitely think scent is a great idea, especially if the person hasn't met you yet. =]

Comment

scent is so important!!
          when i traveled away from my SO, before we were LD, he wore a cap for 5 days straight and i had it with me... it smelled his natural scent, which is so much more powerfull than perfume for memories triggering!
          and as he left and we became LD i made him a small plush buddy, and had my perfume on it, and slept with it for a week before sending it... its been over 6 months i sent it, and it still smells like me..
          i cant recommend this enough; smell is magic!
          if only we could send taste too...
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Andy's left his empty spray bottles here twice (he was gonna throw them away though but I kept them ) and whenevener I miss him I'll smell them and it makes me smile, sometimes cry but it always wakes up such vivid memories of him and I love it... There's no spray in here now though and I miss his smell terribly

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
              he wore a cap for 5 days straight and i had it with me... it smelled his natural scent, which is so much more powerfull than perfume for memories triggering!
              I completely agree, Ioanna! On my last night in England, we weren't able to share a bed, so he gave me his hoodie that he had been wearing that week and sleeping with that gave me comfort enough to stop crying and sleep quite well. I would love to have something of his that I could smell him on.

Comment

One time, I just sent Michelle a piece of paper that I spread my deodorant on. She loved it.
                It is just 40something cents to make her smile. aww

Comment

Jesse doesn't use any cologne, but I LOVE his natural smell - he sent me two of his t-shirts one time and they smelled so much like him, it sucks that I had to wash them.

Unfortunately, I can't send anything to Jesse, since he can't smell.

Comment

Taija, you're so lucky! =] I want Matt to send me a shirt or something... That would be nice. And that sucks that he can't smell. It's called anosmia, right? How did get get it, if you don't mind me asking...?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
                      And that sucks that he can't smell. It's called anosmia, right? How did get get it, if you don't mind me asking...?
                      If I remember correctly, he developed nasal polyps when he was a kid due to his Cystic Fibrosis and lost his sense of smell when the polyps had to be surgically removed.

Comment

Wow... That's really interesting. It's awful for him, too, I bet! But I'm about to study nursing. It fascinates me! Thanks for sharing, Taija.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                          Andy's left his empty spray bottles here twice (he was gonna throw them away though but I kept them ) and whenevener I miss him I'll smell them and it makes me smile, sometimes cry but it always wakes up such vivid memories of him and I love it... There's no spray in here now though and I miss his smell terribly

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Tanja sent me a scented letter as a surprise and I loved it

I also sent her one (with a little chocolate too ) and sprayed my deoderant inside the parcel, I think she liked that
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            I also sent her one (with a little chocolate too ) and sprayed my deoderant inside the parcel, I think she liked that
                            I really hope the chocolate didn't taste like your deoderant!

Comment

Smell is definitely linked to memory, so good ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X