Thankful love letters and winter fun letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful love letters and winter fun letters

Since Thanksgiving in the United States is coming up soon, I thought of a few ideas for love letters for this month..

What are you thankful for about your significant other?
    You could say a lot of things, like s/he is wonderful, kind, sweet, generous..

But what about the little things that s/he does or has done that actually mean so much to you, or that you've never really thought about until now?

I'm thankful for when he makes the ever popular internet meme "om nom nom" sound against my ear and makes me laugh. Every. Single. Time.

I'm thankful for when he knows when I'm thirsty and gets me something to drink immediately without me ever asking him. How does he do that?!

Come up with one thing every day until Thanksgiving - and explain a fond memory attached to it. Heck, you don't even have to celebrate Thanksgiving to do this - it's always nice to be thanked for whatever reason, whenever! You'll have a nice list of unique things your loved one may be pleasantly surprised by. (Or if you want to go even further, do it as a video and act out/role play the memories yourself!)

Turkey of love
    I remember in kindergarten we used to trace our hands to make a turkey for Thanksgiving, and it looked like something like this:

Well, I'm sure your loved one would certainly be thankful for (and perhaps amused) at their very own authentic traced hand of their significant other.

On the feathers/fingers, you could write something about your loved one that you are thankful for, or about your favorite meals/food to have with your loved one (since turkeys are the most popular food of choice on Thanksgiving Day). Color in with crayon for added childhood nostalgia.

It may be a strangely shaped love letter, but certainly a unique one that they'll receive!

Sweet snowflakes / Sweetheart scarf
    Winter is also coming soon, and the holidays are soon to follow - but a winter-themed love letter will surely make your loved one warm.

Two years ago on the boyfriend's birthday, I gave him a mini toy helicopter from Japan - it took a lot of planning. One of his wishes for his birthday (which is also unfortunately two days after Christmas and often combined with it) was for it to snow in Scotland. So, after persuading him to go on a short solo hunting trip, I cut out snowflakes that equated to his age, and laid them on the floor that when he returned, would lead to his birthday present.

The card read, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it snow, but I did the best I could with paper."

Bring winter to your loved one with a bunch of snowflakes - you could be crafty and try to cut out messages in them, or use paper punchers to spell something out, or just write on them. String snowflakes together for an awesome effect. Write your favorite winter memories or things you love to talk to them about or do together in the winter.

The same idea can be applied for a scarf - take a long sheet of paper and cut it in the shape of a wavy scarf. Fold it accordion style to fit in an envelope.

Add patches by cutting out pieces of paper of various sizes and colors, but add a flap to the sides or top. Glue the patches onto your scarf, and write either winter memories or add some photos of winters past under the patches for some extra warm letter surprises.

Spiffy Snowman
    Cut out circles from white paper of various sizes. Add colored paper as accessories as you would to make a snowman. On the back of these circles, write what you feel are the strong points of your relationship - what built the foundation of it.

Perhaps when he saved your life from crocodiles and swung on a vine to lift you from your doom solidified your confidence in him. Or when he ran after you while you were on the train and he tried to catch up with you. Whatever the story, write it on your paper snowball and put them in an envelope to send away.

As he's building your snowman, ask your loved one what s/he thinks all those stories/memories/things you wrote mean. If they're stumped, explain that you're building a snowman together, and that what you wrote were your strong foundations to start building your relationship, just as they're building a snowman.

Hope these got some gears going! Let me know what you think and thanks for your patience in reading! Sorry this is so long!

All the best to you. May your love have safe travels.
    pink elephant

Thanks for sharing!! I used to make paper snowflakes and had a lot of fun. These will be great to take down to Africa for xmas

Comment

Thank you for sharing! In LDR you need the new love letter ideas all the time!
      How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

I love the turkey hand idea! That is just too cute

I will definitely do that. I wonder what my bf will think when he gets that in the mail lol

I am thankful that he cared enough to break down the wall I had up.

I am thankful that he knows just what to say to make all my worries go away.

I actually filmed my first 20sec video and edited it with silly little credits and sent it to him. I had to redo it over and over again because I kept laughing. I hope he likes it! I think videos are great and very easy to do!

Comment

Thank you so much for the ideas... I am really thinking about doing some of those!
          Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the thanks. Will have more ideas as it gets closer to the holiday season! I know how challenging it must be to come up with things every now and then - but the fact that you put effort into keeping the relationship strong and fresh with new ideas must be rewarding, I'm sure.

Also, if any of you do make your love letters like this, I'd love to see photos of them! (Will probably do the scarf~)

Best wishes in writing!

Comment

I LOVE THESE IDEAS! I feel like I find myself doing the same thing with every love letter. This will definitely change things up

Comment

These are great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Aww, I like the "turkey of love" idea. Although my turkeys always came out funny in kindergarten. Maybe my skills have improved, lol.
                  LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                  Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                  Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Working...
                  X