Mad Libs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Libs

This is a bit of steal from idea #76 for LDR couples to do.

My boyfriend and I often prefer talking on the phone to online chat because it's always nice to hear you SO's voice and we have Verizon so we have unlimited minutes between the two of us. I have some Mad Lib books hanging around because I enjoy doing them with other people, so it was only natural that I should do them with Eli.

Well, I let him fill them in. Today as I was searching for a little something to stuff into the envelope with my letter, I found the Mad Libs we had done together. I cut the ones we had done, stuffed them in with my letter, and away they went. Since I doodled things in the margin like hearts, little sayings, ect. it was very nice. Also, there are plenty of inside jokes on those little pieces of paper that I'm sure he'll smile at.

It's a cute inclusion to spice up any letter.
    Last edited by A Silence in Winter; February 16, 2010, 10:04 PM.

Originally posted by A Silence in Winter View Post
    I have some Mad Lib books hanging around because I enjoy doing them with other people, so it was only natural that I should do them with Eli.
    I'm sure I'd think this was nice if I had any idea what Mad Lib was...

Comment

Yeah haha whats a mad lib?

Comment

I remember reading about in in the old forum so let's look it up...

Here it is, number 76

https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/thingstodo8.html

Or at least I hope it's the same Mad Lib the first poster meant...

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
          I remember reading about in in the old forum so let's look it up...

Here it is, number 76

https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/thingstodo8.html

Or at least I hope it's the same Mad Lib the first poster meant...
          Thanks, Tanja!

Comment

You're very welcome

Comment

hm I like this. I might grab a book within the next week or so. Some times the convo just isn't there, maybe we've been doing the same thing, we're tired, or stressed, this would be great to use. It would still give a chance to talk even if we don't have much to talk about. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I love Mad Libs! Though we haven't done them together....on the spot example (WARNING: May be a quite terrible attempt):
                We gave <noun> a <verb> in the <noun> to <adjective> him <verb> and<verb> nice. He turned out quite <adjective>.

Edit: Clicked the link Tanja provided and then clicked the link to Crazy Libs and did The Fishing Incident with words from the drop down menu. Here is what came up....
                One minute I went fishing -- fishing invariably makes me jealous. Most people like to fish in streams, but I, in my wit, like to fish in lakes. Standing accidentally, I baited the hook with a horseshoe (and a couple of conniving waffles for good measure), leaned back, and cleverly cast my fishing leaf. I waited for a whole millennium, spitting to relieve the boredom, when finally a splash caught my attention. Sarcastically, I pulled and plummeted on my fishing leaf, straining until my last ounce of hunger was gone, and reeled in my catch.

I was nervous. There, lying before me like a wet bottle cap on a platypus's kneecap, was a giant wrench. As if that weren't dirty enough, the wrench, to my utmost desperation, started to bathe.

Politely, I dropped my fishing leaf and ran back to my cave, without looking back. I don't know when I've been so excited.
                Last edited by Kitty; February 19, 2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Awww, I think it would be cute to send the SO mad libs that yall had done.

Comment

Working...
                  X