Put Your Love On A Canvas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put Your Love On A Canvas!

Well I don't have any good pics of it, I misplaced my camera and had to use my phone. My friend did this art class with her SO for v-day and their painting inspired me. Mine's quite similar to theirs but I added my own touches. It came out better than I expected so now I wish I would have done it on canvas, too late now, but I think I might do another one on canvas for my room. So the background is yellow with a little pink, and I put the boy in ACU's and the girl has curly hair. I'll be sending it in his next package. I might put a coat of modge podge just for some extra protection.

Go to your local craft store and buy a canvas (i get the ones that are about $5). You can paint them something, make a collage of words/phrases that remind you of them, OR even write a note. ANYTHING AT ALL! You could use a permanent marker and write "I love you! *name*" and send it to him. Your SO would have a permanent piece of art, made just by you for them, a constant reminder that you're there for them.

I did a painting. I just like using paint. =] But you could do anything. Post your ideas of how to use the canvas and pictures too if you do it!!

That is a great idea =)
    I'm not much of an artist x) , but im going to give it a try.

Comment

That's so cute! I've never thought about putting something on canvas, not sure if he would hang it : ) I have sent him cards that I've painted, made collages, photoshop pictures, etc.

Comment

Your painting looks very good!

I made my SO a "painting" for our six month anniversary. I say "painting" because I used conte, chalk, and prisma color on a sheet of nice paper, but I do not know what else to call it. It turned out so nice and I almost missed my plane to go see him because I was working on it until the last minute.....but he lost the picture when he moved again. :'( I am really upset, but I am planning on going through his stuff to find it. He says it is at his old house but I looked there and didn't see it. I never even got to take a picture of it

Comment

I made this painting for my LDR partner because he loves wolves and also space
          Last edited by DelicateMelodies; March 17, 2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

DelicateMelodies - =O that is awesome!!

I do a lot of drawings/poems for alex. I don't tend to paint too much, pencil is my preffered media.

I did this a couple weeks ago for art class at school. It came out so good i decided to send alex a picture of it =)

I also did this for him

and this was for valentines last year

I'm alright at art, im trying to get better.I'm taking it for GCSE at school and hopefully i'll do it for A-level too.

Comment

Those are all so beautiful!!! I have another canvas (they were on sale! =D ) So I might do another one. I was thinking like something with a love quote, or line from one of our songs, or maybe something from one of letters. I'm not sure yet. I'm not positive I'm going to send him, that will make it three items I've painted etc for him and he's living on base in one of those itty bitty dorm like rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by polkapiggy View Post
                DelicateMelodies - =O that is awesome!!
                Thank you!!! Yours are awesome too!!

Comment

Originally posted by BJL_Sweetheart1109 View Post
                  Those are all so beautiful!!! I have another canvas (they were on sale! =D ) So I might do another one. I was thinking like something with a love quote, or line from one of our songs, or maybe something from one of letters. I'm not sure yet. I'm not positive I'm going to send him, that will make it three items I've painted etc for him and he's living on base in one of those itty bitty dorm like rooms.
                  Using a special quote is a great idea! I found this painting on the internet. I think I'm going to try a painting like it, I just bought some letter stencils!
                  Last edited by DelicateMelodies; March 19, 2010, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Found my camera and I'm done with his. So here's a picture!

Last edited by BJL_Sweetheart1109; March 17, 2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

This also goes on my gift list. SO beautiful!

Comment

That looks awesome! I wish I was able to paint like that! I made my SO a tile mosaic for Christmas last year. I already gave it to him and don't have a picture but it came out cute. Here are the instructions:

https://www.instructables.com/id/How...r-less-than-3/

Comment

WOW!!! Some of you are really talented! I can't draw to save my life, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous :P

This is a really good idea though, I might get a canvas & paste pictures on it or use permanent marker.. I love all the ones you guys posted tho : )

Comment

That's a really good idea. I think I might try that.

Anyway, beautiful painting!
                            "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                            a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                            which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                            - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                            regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                            The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                            - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

If anyone isn't a skilled artist, but you take awesome photos, this site is awesome

The turn pictures into canvas art prints. I don't have the space now, but when Frank and I move back in with each other and have our own apartment again (hopefully next year?), I definitely want to take a couple of pictures we have and do this.
                              Read my LDR story!
                              Facebook
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X