This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailing Internationally

I finally decided to send him something through traditional mail since there is a more personal feeling to it. And for now, it will be just a letter, not a package. I am from Romania and he is from Egypt. My questions are:
    -in which language do I write his adress? (Arabic? Romanian? English? lol.)
    -where on the envelope I write the two addresses? (mine and his).
    Thanks in advance

You write the addresses in the same locations as normal. I would write a Romanian version above, and an Arabic version below. Make sure to include "To:" and "From:" so it doesn't get all jumbled up. Take it to the post office and see if it's sufficient to mail.

Comment

You should write his address on the front; on the right side. You can put your address either next to it on the left side or somewhere on the back. I've heard in school that you're always supposed to write the country in your own language and the city in the receiver's language. You can't go wrong with English though.

Comment

You already got great advice...just want to chime it that I think it is great that you are taking the time to do something so personal...it means so much!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thank you for your help, everyone

Comment

For me mailing from USA to China I write my address in English on top left, and his address in Chinese on bottom right. Then I write the countries both in English. So for you I guess Romanian top left, arabic bottom right? I'm not sure how English factors into your countries...

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
              For me mailing from USA to China I write my address in English on top left, and his address in Chinese on bottom right. Then I write the countries both in English. So for you I guess Romanian top left, arabic bottom right? I'm not sure how English factors into your countries...
              Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Think I'll write the letter using everyone's suggestions and see if it's ok to mail it.

Comment

Working...
              X