Turn Text into Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Text into Pictures

Ok. So I read this on the computer and decided to try it. Now it took a few days bc I just did a little each day....but I'd say it was worth it. https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Pictures-out-of-Textis the site I originally read it on.

1. Find the image you want to make using text.

2. Open Micorsoft Word or other similar program. (I used Microsoft Word.)

3. Place your image in the word document.
    Found in on the net? You can right click the image and choose "copy." Then go to the word document, right click the page and choose "paste."
    Have it on your computer? It'll probably be at the top of your Microsoft window....chose "Insert" > then "Picture" > then "From File" and find the file.

4. Resize your image. Click on the picture then place your cursor on one of the corners. Click and drag. The more complicated the picture is the larger you’ll want it to be.

5. Insert a text box. Go to “Insert” then “Text box”. Click on the page and drag. The text box needs to be a tiny bit larger than your image. Move the text box if necessary on-top of the image by clicking and dragging the border.
    If, when you insert the text box, it doesn't go on top of the image but pushes the image to the side, then right click on the border of the text box, go to "format text box" then click on the tab called "layout" at the top. Choose the option "in front of text". This should solve the problem and you can go onto the next step of making the text box transparent.

6. Make the text box transparent. Right-click on the border of the text box (not the inside of the text box!) and select “Format Text box…”. Make sure you’re on the ‘Colors and Lines’ tab then change the fill color to “no fill” and the line color to “no line”. Now you should be able to see the image behind.

7. Fill the text box with text. It doesn’t really matter what you write except it can’t have any formatting, e.g. Bold, Italic, Underline, New Line, Tab. Use only single spacing.
    * Copy and paste the same word. Write one or two words about the picture. ( used "i love you" and "soulmates." Then highlight and press CTRL + C (this will copy what is highlighted). Now press CTRL + V but hold it down to paste the word over and over again.

8. Change the font size. Press CTRL + A to select all of you text then change the font size on the formatting toolbar (usually already at the top of the page).

9. Stop the spell check (optional). Depending on your text, your work may be covered in red and green squiggles – even though it’s how you want your text to appear. While this step is not mandatory it can really help. Go to “Tools”, “Spelling and Grammar”, “Options” then check the box next to “Hide spelling errors in this document”.

10. Change the text color to the color you want the background of your picture. White may be the obvious choice but it doesn’t look best for all images – especially if there is a lot of white on the object. Same with black. Try to choose a color that doesn’t feature (or at least not much) in the main focus of the image. To change the colour press CTRL + A then find the font color button on the formatting toolbar (it looks like an A with a rectangle underneath). Click the small arrow to the right of the symbol and then select a color. By clicking “more colors” and then “custom” you can create virtually any color.

11. Change the color of the text over the object. Use SHIFT and the arrow keys to select sections of the text that is ontop of a block of color on your picture behind (you can also highlight by clicking and dragging your cursor however it will only let you select whole word that way and you may want to only color part of a word). Change the color in the same way as the previous step. If necessary, try to use different shades of colors to show shadow etc. In the best images your text will become practically invisible by the end because it is the same color and the image behind it.

12. Move the text box away from the image beneath, once you think you have completed step 11. Now you can easily see if you’ve missed anything out. If you have then press CTRL + Z (once!) to undo the move. Once you have definitely completed step 11 and you text has been moved from the image, advance to the next step.

13. Save your work. You should be saving your work regularly as computers can be unpredictable. However, at this point you should save your work as you’ve practically finished your image. Go to “File” then “Save as…” and choose a suitable file name. For this document you should leave the file type as it is (i.e. the default word document). Once you have saved it once you only need to click “File” then “Save” or CTRL + S.

14. Make your picture into an image rather than a word file. This allows it to be uploaded onto the web (if you want) among other things. Technically this step is optional but it’s probably necessary or at least useful for most things you want to do with your image. To do so, make sure you can see the whole of your picture on the screen then press the “Print Screen” key. It’s usually located toward the top-right above the insert key – often it’s abbreviated. Now go to an image-editing program – even Microsoft paint will do. Press CTRL + V and a screen shot should be pasted. Crop it so that there is only your text image there and then save in a similar way as in the previous step (see tip about file for more help).

ahaha. I missed spelled that! SOULMATES!!

LMAO ^misspelled that too!! geez whats wrong with me?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by BJL_Sweetheart1109; April 8, 2010, 09:13 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

lol oh dear your's looks great! I tried this but I got confused and a bit frustrated trying to figure it out :P!

Comment

it took me a while. I only did a little bit at a time so it took a few days. I just saved the document on my desktop and did int between procrastinating on homework and actually doing it.

Comment

lol I guess I'm not very artsy... don't understand how to do it...even after reading the instructions! Do you manually change the text color to outline the picture?

Comment

Oh man, this is a great idea. I remember seeing how to do this years ago. I always wanted to, but never did. Thank you for reminding me about this!
            If you have a love letter, or a meaningful poem, or anything really that you feel would be sweet for each other, this is a great idea! You could even use your first email.

Comment

This really is a great idea! I'm not sure I have the patience to be able to complete it though, it seems a bit too complicated for my simple self, haha :P.

Comment

aw i really like this! i just tried it and you really have to have a small font and pick the right picture (my glasses in the pic are at an angle and that didnt work so well)
                ill try it again after exams are done next week!

Comment

Originally posted by dynomitegurl View Post
                  lol I guess I'm not very artsy... don't understand how to do it...even after reading the instructions! Do you manually change the text color to outline the picture?
                  Well I had my picture in the document then put the text box over it. I copy and pasted "i love you" and "soulmates" so it covered the entire box. Then I just did each colored area at a time. Like I'd highlight a line of text from one edge of my face to the next and change the color to a peach....then I'd highlight the next line from one side of my face to the next and make it the same peach. The shading is more difficult bc you have to highlight just a part of the line over the part of the face that has shadow and make it a few shades darker.

So for my hair I'd just highlight each part of the text that was directly over my hair and make it a dark brown. Did I explain that right?!

Comment

lol yeah you did. I began to do that....I assumed that is how it was suppose to be...not sure I have the patience for that! :P But thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dynomitegurl View Post
                      lol yeah you did. I began to do that....I assumed that is how it was suppose to be...not sure I have the patience for that! :P But thanks!
                      Oh yea it take a lot of patience. That's why it took a few days. I only did a little bit at a time.

Comment

Such a great idea...I'll have to try this when I get home : )

Comment

Love this idea! Started mine a few days ago, but I am taking it bit for bit. Takes a lot of effort, but it is worth it.
                          Btw: i used photoshop to get info on the colours that were not as easy to define when the pic was opened in Word. If you go in photoshop, there is this function that you can point at the colour on the photo, and it gives you info on the Red, Blue and Green factors... Which you can use in Word to get the right colour. Capice?

Comment

Lovely idea. Definitely will try it when the BF and I get pictures taken together.

Comment

OMG! This is an adorable idea! I'm gonna start trying to do this : )

Comment

Working...
                              X