Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do guys actually like this stuff? I always thought they found it soppy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do guys actually like this stuff? I always thought they found it soppy.

it'd be cool to try, but my boyfriend's 16 & I think he'd find it corny. is there any way of doing it without being soppy, or are love letters just something that teenage lads will never get their head around?

If you're worried about making it to lovey dovey you could just write a letter about your day. I'm sure he would love to get a letter from you in the mail, a lot of times when I write my SO I just write about what's going on in my life and he enjoys reading them.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Depends on the guy. Some guys are more into the soppy stuff than women are! Also depends on the relationship. I always thought I was allergic to cheese, and sometimes I cringe at the really earnest things I say to my SO, but I love love love it when he goes all sweet and romantic and soppy on me. I didn't think I'd ever be that lovey-dovey person, but now I'm all about swooning and flowers and unicorns -- he just brings it out in me. And he seems to eat it up. =)

Comment

Love letters don't have to be soppy. They can be funny too. Something like this might give you ideas: Love notes

But yes, guys like feeling special, they like knowing how they make you feel. They don't like anyone to intrude on that private moment though - they don't want their mates knowing they cry because they are lonely at night, or whatever.

But yeah, inject some humor and a little sexiness into it so it's not all heavy lovey stuff and pour your heart out. It's totally a myth that guys don't have feelings.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO's letters to me are waaaaay more soppier then mine are to him I have realized I've found the sweeter ones I have sent him are his favourites. Like I copied out a poem for him once. He LOVED it. I do suppose it depends on the guy though, if you are afraid of being too OTT, I would find a humorous love poem or something funny to send first, see how he takes it. I wrote my SO a whole letter like:

I love you more than Ash loves Pikachu
          I love you more than I love Melty cheese....

etc- he really liked that too

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My SO is 19 and LOVES it! Just like nicole said, his are actually WAY more lovey dovey than mine. I keep a little book and try to write down little comments from my day that I would share if he was here. Like: "Today we have 42 days left, just thought I'd share. I also saw a cloud in the shape of a semi-heart/circle. IT'S A SIGN!!!" anything like that he really really enjoys so he feels like he's apart of my day everyday

Comment

My boyfriend is 19. He doesn't write me letters, it's always me sending him packages and letters, but he loves them so much! He always tells me that he looks forward to receiving an email from the post office at his school telling him there's a package for him at the post office. I write letters and send cute little things to him. He's very grateful to receive them and I know how much they mean to him...it makes his day, so I love sending them to him! I think he likes hearing me ramble about him and how much he means to me. It gives him kind of an ego boost lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Love letters can be soppy, flirty, funny, or just straightforward and from the heart. Honestly I think every relationship on this forum has to in some way subsist off of love letters as its a long distance forum, letters, whether written electronically or not are how we all communicate with our SO. So they have to be appreciated in some ways. I'm fortunate enough that when I do write a bit of poetry or joking references to things we both know or a story or even just a regular straightforward expression of my love to flirt in an e-mail, that my girl's competitive nature not only has her respond in kind, but generally one up me and show me her own creativity. And as that creativity was one of her many qualities that sparked my interest in her and why it grew to the conflagration it is today, really I have to admit, as a guy, we love a good love letter.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorTom View Post
                  Love letters can be soppy, flirty, funny, or just straightforward and from the heart. Honestly I think every relationship on this forum has to in some way subsist off of love letters as its a long distance forum, letters, whether written electronically or not are how we all communicate with our SO. So they have to be appreciated in some ways. I'm fortunate enough that when I do write a bit of poetry or joking references to things we both know or a story or even just a regular straightforward expression of my love to flirt in an e-mail, that my girl's competitive nature not only has her respond in kind, but generally one up me and show me her own creativity. And as that creativity was one of her many qualities that sparked my interest in her and why it grew to the conflagration it is today, really I have to admit, as a guy, we love a good love letter.
                  But you can't write them, dearheart. "Isn't it interesting how we can transport letters via aeroplanes now..."

Yes, friends, my beloved above did write a whole "love" letter to me on the benefits of air transportation. I say a whole letter, it was only one side of a note-pad sized piece of paper. Lucky you've got the looks, hotshot.

Comment

My SO is very romantic and he loves letters like these I wrote him one for his birthday and he absolutely loved it. He read it out for me a few weeks back and shed a tear...I think it stills touches him, even now :')

Comment

Write whatever feels right for your relationship right now. Write him something that'll make him smile. If he writes you one back, you'd have a better idea of what he wants to hear from you.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I love mush, and so does my SO. I can't show it in front of my family, but I love love-letters and watching romance movies with him. And slow romantic songs. I love it all, it gives me those warm feelings and makes me believe and hope for fairy tales. and Im fortunate my SO love things like this too. Maybe not as much as me, but he will write me poems, or love letters or enjoy a good romance movie. So I think it just depends on the people. But if you personally arn't comfortable with it, or don't think he will then don't do it. You can write a heart felt letter without it being sappy. Just write whats on your mind or how your feeling.
                        I love you Nathan <3
                        sigpic
                        5/25/09 <3

Comment

its fun, my boyfriend loves it hes 21 and we have been doing them since he was 19. its kinda like reading a silly phone call for us.

Comment

My boyfriend loves the letters I send him. The last one was 3 pages long pretty much just telling him how I feel about him (totally sappy) and he told me it was over too quickly and to make the next one longer.

Like someone else said, I think for some guys it gives them an ego boost.

Comment

My SO loves to get love letters, of course, mine are usually in poetry form... or weird analogies. Or cheesy pick up lines.
                              But yes, he loves them, and I love to get them from him too

First Met Online: October 2010
                              First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                              Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                              First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                              Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                              Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                              Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                              Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
                              X