Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody ever used the 'general delivery' service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anybody ever used the 'general delivery' service?

im thinking about my guy send me something to my post office so that it doesnt come to my house. i was just wondering, if it really works? i live in a small town sooo im guessing it shouldnt be a problem. but the thing im worried about is that it might get lost or something.

I don't know in the USA, but here in the post-office there are mailboxes to rent where you can get your mail without having to give away your home address.

Go to the post-office of your town and ask.

Comment

I think you can rent a mail box. I'm in Louisiana and I know there's a way to rent a box of something. I never looked into but I'm I know the post office in my hometown does. And we're really really small! Go check your local post office and ask......

Comment

yeah i know they have those things, but i dont want to spend money on that since im moving in a few months. i just wanted to know if getting your things mailed to the post office would be safe.

Comment

General Delivery is available for customers if carrier service or a PO Box is not an option. Individual mailpieces will be held for up to 30 days and can be conveniently picked up by presenting identification. This is also a great option if you don’t have a permanent address. To find which office is designated for General Delivery at your location, please contact your local Postmaster.
          From https://www.usps.com/receive/choices...therplaces.htm

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Did it work out?

Comment

Working...
              X