This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much?

I plan to go to the post office soon, so no need to just tell me to go. I'm just asking for a guestimate. How many stamps do you think it will take to send a package that has a poster, a letter, a calendar, pictures, and a large towel to the UK. From the US. Just a guesstimate what do you think? I just bought stamps but not sure how many i would need, not going to the post office to send it till December lol, but i just want an idea.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

\There is no good way to guestimate because it depends a lot on the weight of the items. How many pages the letter is, how big the poster is, how thick the cardstock the calendar is printed on, and how big the towel is. For reference, a letter by itself for me internationally to China is a buck. I just shipped off an 8 oz knit scarf and it was $10. This is from Los Angeles to Beijing, about 6000miles difference.

I'm going to assume that its not going to be anything under 8-10 bucks. Add more if you have to buy a box to hold it in.

Also, generally when I send something internationally to my SO I don't stick stamps on them, so that's also why I don't know. I take it up to the counter and they calculate the weight and cost, then affix a paid label showing what it costs and such.

Comment

If you go to the postal website you can enter the box dimensions and weight and it will tell you how much it is to send.

Comment

Yeah, I just let the post office put a paid label and such on it.
        I do know that when I sent my S.O. his singing birthday card, it cost $1.80
        And his birthday package that included a t-shirt, a bear, some glow in the dark stars, and an assortment of candy cost almost $16 to send.

First Met Online: October 2010
        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I went and found out, its going to cost $13.18 to send. Not to bad, i said under 20 and its under 20 so woo!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Thanks everyone
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
          X