Enagaged! Yay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enagaged! Yay.

So it's a little late notice, but I haven't been on the forum in some time. I was with my SO for 6 months, I left on the 23rd of January. From the 18th-21st of Jan we went away to a beach resort for a few days (which was amazing except for the fact that we both got really bad colds!). So there we are, in the hotel room on Fri 20th, me barely able to speak or breathe and him recovering more than me, and we're watching tv. I mention how I don't want to be leaving, and we talk about that for a few minutes. Then he turns the tv off, and is quiet for a moment. I sat up from laying on his lap because I was uncomfortable and he was talking about how we were going to work things out. He then kneels down on the floor in front of the couch and is quiet for a while again, before telling me how much he loves me and wants to be with me before proposing. I could tell he was pretty nervous, but of course I said yes! He seemed very relieved :P

People have asked me whether it was a surprise or not, and I guess it wasn't really, as it's something that we had discussed before on several occasions, and we had discussed the possibility of getting engaged before I left. But I still didn't know when it was going to happen, and I certainly didn't expect it while I was horribly sick and certainly not attractive in any way, lol. On the Sunday (the day before I left the U.S) we went ring shopping and found a nice one that we both liked (he was even more excited about it than I was, haha) and we bought it and got it resized for us to pick up on the way to the airport the next day.

So now, the plan is to put through a fiance visa application for me to go to america so we can get married and be together etc. So providing everything goes well, that should hopefully happen before the end of this year. Yay!

Photo:
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

wooow it's a beautiful ring and an even more beautiful story! congrats to you guys

Comment

Congratulations! yours is a very touching proposal story
      Whishing you a serene engagement and an easy visa process!
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

congratulations what a lovely story and such a lovely ring xxx
        morven and christopher <3

Comment

Congratulations! How wonderful Here's wishing you all the very best for the future

Comment

Congratulations! Your ring is so pretty! I wish you both the best

sigpic

Comment

Wow, congrats!!!!! Here's wishing you both all the best for your future together!

Comment

Congratulations! That ring is beautiful. Best of luck with the visa process and I wish you happiness for a lifetime!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That is such a beautiful ring! CONGRATULATIONS!
                  Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Beautiful ring! Congratulations!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Congrats! The ring is beautiful

Comment

Congratulations! What a unique and beautiful ring.

Finding myself.

Comment

Aww sweet story and nice ring! Congratulations! I hope the wedding planning and visa process goes well for you two!

Comment

Congratulations! The ring is beautiful. I wish you the best of luck

Comment

Congrats! I like the ring

Comment

Working...
                              X