Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

awesome advice from a jewlery store associate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome advice from a jewlery store associate!

My best friend came up to Oregon to visit earlier this week and she told me that my SO has been talking to her about engagement rings and also that she found out that her BF is looking at rings as well.

We decided to go to some jewelry stores together so we had an idea of what the other wanted to we could help the others BF pick the right ring. Well a lot of settings come as just that, settings. Some of these settings are 3 or 4 grand and that is NOT including the diamond. Anyway, the associate tells us that the rings that are about 3/4 grand do not have diamonds in them at the moment and that they are CZ (Cubic Zarconia and that alot of people get the setting that they want with the CZ and then when they can afford the diamond that they want, they replace it with that.

Nobody knows the difference!!!! And I still loved the ring even after I knew the diamonds wasn't real! I couldn't tell the difference! So I just thought that I would put that advice out there!
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

thanks for the advice!

Comment

Can you insure just the band?

Comment

digitalfever: I dont see why not. They would just have the bad appraised and then whenever you added the actual diamond you have it reappraised.

And yes! I had never thought about doing that nor had anyone ever shared!
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Good to know!

Comment

I had read that on yahoo questions before. that is nice, if you would only be able to afford the dream rock OR the dream setting!
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

If that's the case then that's an awesome idea. I think that it makes it much easier for couples to afford such a purchase. Good idea.

Comment

I made it clear to my SO a long time ago that I didn't want him to do anything else when he proposed... I don't want him to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a ring when we still have to pay for a wedding and set up house..

Comment

What type of Jewelry store would do this?
                  We are returning my ring and I'm curious as to if it would be possible in our area.

Comment

I'm a hippie tree hugger and I prefer jewelry without diamonds. They're way over priced and of course we've all heard the stories of the poor children getting their hands cut off. I have a ring with yellow diamonds that are "conflict free" because no one wants a yellow diamond. I think they are beautiful, it's hands down my favorite ring. My sister has a similar one with brown diamonds. I'd 1000 times over prefer a ring with a CZ than a ring with an expensive diamond.

Comment

I don't know what the big deal with diamonds is really I find them very plain! I wouldn't want a real one, never mind a fake one! I think I'm strange!
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I don't know what the big deal with diamonds is really I find them very plain! I wouldn't want a real one, never mind a fake one! I think I'm strange!
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think this is great advice, some couples try to buy everything from ring to dream wedding to house, and end up quite in debt or need to borrow from relatives.

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                          I have a ring with yellow diamonds that are "conflict free" because no one wants a yellow diamond. I think they are beautiful, it's hands down my favorite ring. My sister has a similar one with brown diamonds.
                          Lucybelle, I love colored diamonds as well, yellow or pink or green tinted ones! But you're right, I haven't really met anyone else who would prefer to buy a colored one over a white one. Although I think it might be since they're not as common? Not sure.

Comment

I told my SO I don't like diamonds because there's no point to them imho. I'm too afraid to lose something with diamonds. Also, no need to break the bank on jewelry. I love anything CZ!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X