We talk about it-a lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We talk about it-a lot.

We know we are going to get married. He needs a full time job before my dad gives him the OK (yes, I want him to get my dad's permission first). So we talk about things we want at our wedding. We haven't made any set plans yet or anything, but we talk about things we want (like if there's a particular song we want to be played or something that we think would be a neat addition to the reception). Okay, mostly, we talk about the reception. Hahahaha.

A big topic that we've been talking about is what to serve for dinner. We're both huge brinner fans (breakfast for dinner!). I've mentioned it to my mom that we've thought about that, and she thinks it would be weird. So, LDR friends, would it be weird to have breakfast for dinner at a wedding reception? Not cereal type breakfast, but pancakes, eggs, french toast, bacon, etc. (Think fancy you actually have time to eat breakfast breakfast.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Its your wedding, do what you want. Of course it is strange, its not the norm, but if you want it then have it.

Comment

No! I think it's a great idea, I'd love to be a guest at such a wedding (but to be fair, I do have a penchant for unconventional things like that) If it's what you and your SO would like to do, I reckon you should. After all, your reception, your rules - and is anyone really going to turn down good food?

Comment

I don't like the "it would be weird" argument. I like weddings and receptions that are very personal and where you can see that the couple did things just the way they wanted them and didn't just pick out a standard wedding package.
        Who cares if it's weird? Our wedding is going to be our day and we're going to do things the way we want them. If you like pancakes and french toast and want to have them at your wedding, then have them. I actually think it's a good idea. You could have something neutral (like a soup?) extra if someone really doesn't want any of the breakfast stuff.

If I could decide alone I'd have a vegetarian wedding, unfortunately there's a small detail -the man I'm going to marry- that makes that impossible. But we decided on other stuff together. We're planning a winter wedding, so there will be mulled wine and beer. I don't care if someone thinks that what we do is weird - maybe we're weird, but that's cool with me.
        We've chosen some fun and embarrassing songs that we want to be played. But generally we just want to have a fun party and for everyone to enjoy themselves and feel comfortable. After all it's a party to share our love and happiness with all our friends and family.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I am also a huge fan of brinner...what a great idea to do it at a wedding!

Comment

I love the idea! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

My mom has said that it would be awkward, but I think we're pretty much set on it... For special occasions when we were CD I would make him french toast and bacon (or pancakes). Thanks for all of your input!

We're, okay, I'm, also set on not seeing each other before the wedding ceremony. (Another thing my mom thinks is silly, but I AM sticking to that. My SO likes the idea, so we're doing it.)

Comment

Awesome idea! I like it!!!

Comment

My boyfriend and I are firm believers of waffles being served at any time during the day. Brinner at the reception is a great idea! I hope he doesn't see this before our wedding or your idea is going to get stolen! (;

Comment

Man I think breakfast for dinner is a great idea. Especially if you plan on having booze. Eggs and toast are great food to eat while drinking/already drunk...

PS- you could have mimosas and bloody marys-- the breakfast drinks!!!

Comment

I love the idea! And I'm not letting my SO see me 24 hours before the wedding either. Though he doesn't know that..
                      Great idea(s)!

Comment

We don't really like champagne, but we would totally toast with mimosas!! Bloody Marys are also fantastic.

Comment

Can I come?! Haha jk :P I just love that idea so much!

My SO and I are just like you guys and believe breakfast food is always acceptable. We used to work together when we were close distance at a bagel shop that served hot breakfast food (french toast, pancakes, sandwiches) so it's always been our thing.

Must bring this up to the SO for any upcoming celebration....

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Seriously the best idea I've heard for a wedding reception, hands down. Love it love it!

Who cares if it's unconventional? Go for your dream wedding, and I think you'll secretly be one of those couples that everyone talks about after and thinks...Oh yeah, they were the cool wedding people...:P
                            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Plus if I go to one more wedding with the same exact food I'm going to scream! Hahah

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X