Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something silly

This is really silly. But here it goes.

My mom is having her wedding party in May. It's going to be a huge freaking party with lots of people (about 500!), food, drinks, etc. I mentioned that I thought making rice maracas (like they have here at bars) would be fun. She agreed and decided to put me in charge of it. But the thing is... I want them at MY wedding. And no, I'm not engaged. But if my SO and I do get married it would be in the next 2 or 3 years and I don't want people saying "Oh this is what your mom had at her wedding!" (since almost all of the same people would be coming-- most of my friends are coming to her wedding party, plus the whole family... you get the point)

Silly right? I'm thinking of just getting there and telling her I don't feel like making them. Or something. She'd completely understand if I told her I'd want them at my wedding, but I'm not planning a wedding. And I'm not good at talking about "adult" stuff with my mom. Adult stuff being: wedding talk.

I feel so ridiculous. What should I do?

I would fist look for cool similar ideas, or a way you can both have them, but where it's different. Different theme, colour, style, sound etc. Or make little pan pipes for her, and keep the rice maracas for yourself?

Failing that, just blurt it right out. That usually works just fine for me. Get a running start with something like "I know I sound like a moron, and I hope you understand buuuut..."
    Good luck!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
    X