Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Describe/post your perfect wedding cake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Describe/post your perfect wedding cake!

We've had an ideal wedding dress thread, so here's a cake one too! Part of me would love to go with something rather unconventional, like this:

No prizes for guessing why I'd choose this particular landmark, haha

I'm not very fond of fruit cake so the inside would have to be sponge, either vanilla sandwiched together with strawberry jam and buttercream (yum!) or chocolate filled with ganache. Whatever the exterior turns out to be I'd be eager to keep the traditional bride and groom toppers - but not a generic couple, ones which actually look a bit like us

Do you have a specific sort of cake in mind?

https://bitsandpeacesofme.blogspot.c...ding-cake.html

I've pretty much always dreamed about a beach wedding so a lot of the cakes I like have that sort of theme - this is one of the most elegant ones I've seen. I don't know if it's the dream cake but I do love the way it looks

Comment

Well, since my SO and I have been talking about a small, intimate, inexpensive beach wedding, I'm thinking about a small cake with a design similar to this one:

And the toppers would be something like these, but the bride and groom would have to look a bit like us

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

thought this would be perfect for us, we're both old school gamers and our first visit was at a comic con

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

About time someone started a thread like this! Flavor-wise, I just want my cake to taste good. I've been too so many weddings where the cake looked amazing but tasted extremely gross. I really like cakes that look similar to these:

My SO just added that he wants our cake toppers to be us in Red Wings jerseys.. as if haha.
          Last edited by Brieasaurus; April 6, 2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Definitely a topsy-turvy cake for us.

Comment

Not sure exactly, probably something slightly out of the ordinary. Kind of like this red velvet strawberry shortcake cake. Mmm...

Comment

My grandma is a professional cake maker. She's made every single cake for me since my christening; she is very excited to be making my wedding cake!

but the bottom will be light blue rather than green. and white roses- suitcases to go with my travel themed wedding

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

nicole, I love your cake! That's a brilliant idea

Hmm.. I wouldn't need a really fancy cake, I just need it to taste yummy

Something like this maybe. It's beautiful, but simple enough

But. I'd love for the cake topper to be unique. I really like the look of this one, so cute! Though the guy's hair needs to be darker, like my SO's hair is

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post

thought this would be perfect for us, we're both old school gamers and our first visit was at a comic con
                    Awesomeness! Best. Cake. Ever.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post

How the hell are you supposed to eat this??!

Comment

Working...
                      X