The wedding is coming up O_O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wedding is coming up O_O

I can't believe it is less than two months now. We both have, and haven't prepared. Getting Rane here, the whole K1 Visa, that was sooo much work!
    I found a great reverend. We found our location:

It's SO much prettier now. I took this picture in the death of cold winter. Now it's all green and flowery and pretty. The city is going to let us rent it out, and also allow us to decorate the gazebo.
    It's going to be a tiny wedding. My mom, one of my girlfriends, and hopefully a photographer. Very simple.

But still to do... get Rane his social security card. Get our marriage license ($80!! yikes!). Get him a suit. Get going on the nightmare of adjustment of status stuff, so that after the wedding we can get moving towards his greencard. I need to actually call and BOOK the gazebo. I would like to come up with some simple ways to decorate it... we are paying by the hour, and I can't use nails or anything... the wedding is at 7am, in hot July. Maybe wrap some fake ivy around? Or get some of those fake flame tea light candles to bury in it? Any ideas?

I'm having a hard time getting going on this. My first marriage was an elopement in Las Vegas. They did the thinking for us. :P This is very different! If anyone has any ideas for the day, please share! We are BROKE, but still want to make it as special of a day as possible.

first of all: im so happy for you! For decorating the gazebo...idk how the weather conditions are at yours but seeing as you mentioned everything being really green and nice, i would probably just spend a day picking flowers somewhere nearby...i love doing that and i think its even more fun doing it together. And maybe it even helps you relax a little the day before the big day You can then take some ribbon and bind the flowers around those pillar like thingies...what would be a cool idea is letting friends and family (ranes aswell, they can send it to you) write their wishes for you two on the ribbon or something like that the candle thing is sweet as well i dont know if i would want a lot more than that if you want it to be a simple wedding...i wish you good luck!!! <3

Comment

!!! I'm so happy to see someone who is finally done with the K-1 Visa and getting married soon! Congrats. I think this a cute, simple place. I like the little tea lights idea and maybe put some tulle around the outer part? Idk I kinda have the same thing in mind for our wedding...the whole gazebo and all...unfortunately that's not for a bit!

I'm happy to see other visa people doing simple wedding because we know the cost of just getting our loved ones here! I hope your day is amazing and it's everything you all want! Congrats again Sarah

Comment

it sounds so exciting and the location is lovely

take lots of pictures to put on LFAD pleaseeeeeee ?

Comment

Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm getting married very shortly as well (small and simple just like you) and it's so exciting and overwhelming! Seriously though, I'm super happy for you!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm happy to see thumbs up on the location. It's very true, the cost of immigration is staggering. (Especially keeping in mind that the fees don't end once the visa is granted. Right after the wedding comes the $1010 adjustment of status bill, a visit to a civil surgeon, on and on.)
            I love all the ideas for the gazebo. Thank you!
            We will for sure post pics!

Since making this post, we've started the adjustment of status paperwork (OH MY). Thats it though. It's only like 6 weeks or so until the wedding. Soooo behind. I have a broken foot, and a blood clot in my hand that made a hard vein which went through my hand, wrist, and spread up to my elbow now (THE PAIN! O_O)... my doctor isn't letting me do any lifting with it, and I'm not getting around too easily with my foot. Because half of my body is essentially useless in my very physical job, I've been out of work. NOT HELPING our finances. I truly don't know where the money will come from. What I have is the $1010, money to pay the reverend, and money to book the gazebo. Nada for our clothes, a photographer, the license, or anything else at all. I'm so stressed.

What would help is if the US govt gave us more than 90 days to wed! I had no idea I would break my foot almost immediately after he got here, or that my arm would get so messed up. If I did, we would have waited for him to activate the visa. Moot point now though!

I know it will happen one way or another. We've made it this far, nothing is going to stop us now.

Molly, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I love hearing how many of us have small ceremonies planned. Long distance girls aren't bridezillas lol.

Larysa, crossing my fingers for a super fast NOA2!!!

Comment

So sorry to hear about your foot and hand Sarah, give you props for going through this all and still planning your wedding. Gee good luck with the AOS I definitely have researched all the cost from her on out and it is very much so expensive! Def Long distance girls are just ready to be with there SOs, no bridezillas here! haha. Thanks so much too, I really do hope the gosh darn NOA2 speeds up as well and the CSC speeds up in general! Keep us updated on your hand,foot and of course the wedding plans!! Good luck Sarah and I hope you start to feel better and some of the stress is relieved soon!

Comment

Wow, Congratulations! It is quite impressive all the stuff they make you take on to get married. Paperwork and planning and reservations. I sure do hope your foot and arm get better soon.
                As for decorating the Gazebo, I don't know how much these cost, but you could consider buying some more mature potted plants. They have some that come in trellises (so they already have hight) and you could use them to dress up the poles or stairs going up to the gazebo. Another option is getting some type of sheer backdrop to place behind the priest. If it is not too windy, it would be nice to have a solid backdrop, yet if it is sheer you can still see through it and have an open feeling.
                Keep plugging away! The struggle of this will make your marriage stronger.

Comment

Hey, insofar as the gazebo goes, have you thuoght about those simple xmas lights? (also known as fairy lights) they can be strung around the Gazebo and around the surrounding trees, also paper lanterns can look gorgeous.

Would totally recommend OBB (offbeatbride.com) for lots of ideas and inspiration!

mazel tov!
                  I love you baby and if it's quite all right
                  I need you baby to warm the lonely nights
                  I love you baby, trust in me when I say
                  Oh pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray
                  Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay
                  And let me love you baby, let me love you....

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X