Frank proposed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank proposed!

In case you don't follow the LFAD page on facebook.... *we were so busy yesterday, I didn't have time for a whole post so just did something quick on FB*

Yesterday was our 6 year anniversary and Frank proposed! I was not expecting it at all... he caught me by surprise! He apparently had been saving money for an engagement ring for a couple years in secret bank account I had no idea about (we shared all financial info when we moved in together so we could work on a budget together) and always knew he wanted to propose to me after we had closed the distance and on our anniversary. He did it in our living room in the middle of the night on April 23 after we had watched a movie (Smurfs 3D haha, it was another anniversary present). He said he wanted to sing a corny song he wrote for me as an anniversary gift. It was really funny and about his relationship with me. It was to the tune of "Life's Been Good," (he had the karaoke version playing on his computer) and he got on his knee and ended the song with "will you be my wife?" And I responded with "Frankkkkkkkkkkk" imagine a soft, high pitch whine... haha. And I of course cried and forgot to answer the question. But I eventually said yes!

Being the middle of the night, it was so hard to fall asleep after that. I didn't fall asleep till probably after 5am. And after I got up at about noon we were busy all day calling family/friends and receiving calls as well as trying to celebrate the rest of our anniversary day.

Here's the ring! He knew I always wanted yellow gold but he totally picked out the ring all by himself. I love it! He got it last weekend when we were in Mass with his family. He left me at his sister's while he went to supposedly help his brother-in-law get stuff for the house at Lowe's in NH. They are actually going to be fixing up the house, so I never suspected a thing.

We've been asked a million times already... so before everyone asks... no we don't know a date yet! haha
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm almost crying reading this. I am so happy for you both!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I totally pictured you saying "Fraaaank' before you said to based on seeing you do the live feeds haha. Congrats you two!!! That is so exciting! Even nicer that it was such a surprise!

Comment

Congratulations Michelle! Your story brought me to tears! So happy for the two of you! That's a gorgeous ring he picked out! Best wishes for the two of you and your future together! Have fun with wedding plans! haha
        "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Awww, yay! Such a sweet engagement story! Congratulations to both of you! Your ring is beautiful.
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

Omg Congrats!!! So happy for you guys!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Congratulazioni (in Italian)!!! i'm so happy for you 2!!!
              It's quite a long time that I don't find the time to write anything anymore, and reading your message on Facebook forced me to read this thread! Such a great news!!!
              You and Frank are really a great example for all the couples of this forum! Thank you for sharing your happiness, it give strenght to all of us!!!

Comment

YAY!!

This is so very perfect, this is what i want the end result to get wedded

Comment

I said it on facebook but I wanted to say it again, CONGRATULATIONS! And also that is such a cute way to propose, and it sounds like a very precious memory for you both and I wish you all the best in the wedding planning and in your life together!! It really brought a huge smile to my face when I found out.. I also shared it with my boyfriend as we were talking on oovoo at the time and he smiled too. It's so amazing to see this happen for you both.

Comment

What a beautiful ring!!! Congratulations to you both! What a wonderful surprise!!!

Comment

Awww, congratulations again!

May you be poor in misfortunes
                      and rich in blessings.
                      May you know nothing but happiness
                      from this day forward.

Comment

Congrats~!!!!!!!!
                        I am super happy for you both~!

You are an inspiration for us all living some LDR.
                        Best wishes to you both~!

be sure to post some wedding pics : P
                        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Congratulations, guys!! I'm so happy and excited for you! ('Bout time Frank )
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

That is fantastic. Always lovely to hear another success story for an LDR. You are my inspiration!
                            First date: 12.27.09
                            Started the distance: 6.10.10
                            Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Congratulations again! I love the ring, it's simply stunning Good luck with your wedding plans, and here's wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Comment

Working...
                              X