Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on what to wear for our wedding. :S

Hey all,

My SO and I are planning on getting married in September, extremely informal affair. He doesn't want to wear a suit and i don't want a wedding dress but, i dont want us looking like we just showed up.

So, what the hell do we wear?
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Semi formal gear? Long pants and button up shirt with a tie (or you could ditch the tie and just have the button up shirt)? A dressy yet not quite 'formal' dress?

Comment

Maybe you could get custom hockey jerseys with "bride' and "groom' or if you are taking his name, with his last name on the back? Or you could get this shirt but I can't find a female alternative.

Comment

What about a summer dress, and a button up shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          Maybe you could get custom hockey jerseys with "bride' and "groom'
          LOVE IT!!! Definitely going to ask him about that one.

When we first met we wore our Leaf jerseys so we'd spot each other at the airport!

He really doesn't want to wear a shirt at all, keep the ideas coming.

Thanks ladies

Comment

Just wear your casual clothes and get matching boutonniere and corsage.

Comment

Maybe a maxi dress? Those are pretty, and I'm sure you can find a semi formal version with a bit of shopping around

Comment

Depending on how much you wanna spend on your outfit, monsoon and coast have some nice dresses of different types, BHS have nice ones too, Debenhams have a sale on at the moment (i think) on some lines. Shop around and most places will have dresses, any kind of length and style. Or even skirts with a top?
                My mum got her wedding dress in the sale at Debenhams, it was just a below the knee length goldy coloured dress with a little jacket. Looked really nice That wasnt exactly formal either.
                For him, Polo shirt and some suit trousers? Or just smart looking bottoms.

Or, how about just wearing a pretty summer dress? Depends on if you'd want any kind of dress!
                Last edited by Xanahtas; May 28, 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

He said no to having bride and groom on hockey jerseys *pout*

I have a really nice halter maxi dress that i havent worn yet that i could use (black,blue,aqua) that looks very casual.

I guess I'm just concerned as photos will need to be sent in for his visa application and i think i would count against us if we dont make some kind of effort but at the same time i dont want to make the effort just to please someone in an office.

Comment

That's silly. I highly doubt they'll count it against you if you don't have a formal wedding. As long as you have pictures. Remember, some people apply for fiance visas without ever being married. So they don't have any marriage pictures to show.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      That's silly. I highly doubt they'll count it against you if you don't have a formal wedding. As long as you have pictures. Remember, some people apply for fiance visas without ever being married. So they don't have any marriage pictures to show.
                      This. Your wedding day only happens once. Be it court style or really big and grand. Do it your way.
                      candi ❤ austin
                      ღ5.11.2011ღ
                      ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                        Maybe you could get custom hockey jerseys with "bride' and "groom' or if you are taking his name, with his last name on the back? Or you could get this shirt but I can't find a female alternative.
                        My dad got remarried last June and it was totally casual. It was a backyard wedding. My stepmom wore a purple dress and then changed into a shorter blue dress later. My dad wore a short sleeved button down shirt and khaki pants and then switched into the tuxedo tshirt (only they were tie-dyed). Everyone loved it!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X