Might be getting married this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be getting married this summer

I am spending the summer with my fiance. although we were hoping to be married next summer we might just have a small ceremony this summer. what would be great about it is his kids and Mom would be present. my Mom and sis would be too since they're coming down to visit us. however, 2 very important people wouldn't be there- my father and brother. I really don't want to get married w/o them there, esp. my brother since we are very close. they have both refused to fly down to Texas and driving 2000 miles isn't going to happen either. when 2 people get married it should be the happiest day in the world for them. part of me wants to get married when my Mom and sis are there and part of me wants to wait. my Mom, sis, and brother support me either way. my fiance says it's up to me. accckkkkk!!!!!

Can you have a very small ceremony over this summer, and then have a bigger party where everyone can come later? Or perhaps have another ceremony when you get back home and involve your brother and dad? Or even Skype call them so they can "be" there too. Lots of options!!!

Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
      Can you have a very small ceremony over this summer, and then have a bigger party where everyone can come later? Or perhaps have another ceremony when you get back home and involve your brother and dad? Or even Skype call them so they can "be" there too. Lots of options!!!

Congratulations!!
      I agree with lucy. its a great thing if you can have a small ceremony cause everyone will be there over summer and a bigger party later on
      congratulations

Comment

Do they not want to travel the distance bc the wedding is short notice or just bc the distance? If its just the distance them you might as well do it this summer instead of waiting bc they might feel the same way next year...
        sigpic
        Not to get clever
        but with you I see forever
        But whatever it is,
        Here's to you,
        I Love You Kid...

Comment

We're getting married next month and none of my family can make it. The distance being the main factor. We'll be holding a small ceremony then a bigger one next year. Its really abotu what you want. And as lucybelle says there are many options.

Comment

Working...
          X