Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding toast: LDR couple! Help! (if you speak another language besides English) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding toast: LDR couple! Help! (if you speak another language besides English) :)

One of my best friends is getting married this weekend, and I'm the maid of honor. She's Japanese, he's American, and they were long distance for 5 years, just moving in together last summer.

I'm trying to write my wedding toast, and I had an idea. I'd like to send them well-wishes/blessings from languages around the world!! If you speak another language besides English, could you help? What is the traditional way to do this in that language???

Thanks in advance for help!

My great grandfather would always toast to: "salud, dinero y amor" health, money and love.

(pronounced: sah-lood, dee-nero, e ah-more)
    Last edited by lucybelle; June 6, 2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what you'd say in German here, maybe something like "I wish you the best for your future" which would be "Alles Gute für eure (gemeinsame) Zukunft"

Comment

In Swedish to say 'I wish you best wishes in the future' is 'Jag önskar er lycka till i framtiden'
        No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

In Jamaican Creole (Patios): I wish you the best...... Me ah wish yuh de bess fi yuh fucha.

It's said in the same way it's spelt with a Jamaican Accent of course.

Comment

You might struggle with pronouncing this XD but here's something along the lines of "I wish you a lot of happiness and love on your journey together" in Finnish:

Toivon teille paljon onnea ja rakkautta yhteiselle taipaleellenne.

Comment

The basic wedding blessing in Bambara is "Ala ka furu n'ye" - May Allah bless this marriage.

Comment

Love these!!! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Love the idea!

here in Lebanon you'd say "mabrook, insh-Allah b-tithannoo"
                    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

In Japanese "Sue nagaku oshiawase ni" (The happiness would continue forever).

Comment

Hmm... in Greek we say, "Να ζήσετε και καλούς απογόνους!" (Na zisete kai kalous apogonous // Na ZEE-se-teh keh ka-lous ap-o-YO-nous) at weddings, which translates to "Live long (together) and healthy children!"
                        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Quite a common toast in Fnnish as well is where you say congratulations and wish the couple a long life. It's "Onnea ja pitkää ikää"

Comment

In mandarin: Gongxi gongxi, bai tou xie lao. It means congratulations, live to ripe old age in conjugal bliss (or something along those lines).

Comment

I thought of "when troubles come and go, the best thing you can do is hold on to each other and go through it TOGETHER. However, when you go through it together, you will be resting in the eye of the storm. Congratulations you two; you are now two people that have become one in this journey. Love shall be your best weapon and shield; stay happy."

it would be pronounced "himdeun naldeul_ee ohlddemyun jeh_ill hyunmyunghan suntaek_eun dul_ee_gatchi himdeul_uh_hahneungut_ibneeda. hajimahn dul_ee_suh gatchi it_nundamyun taepoong_eh noon_ae_suh gatchi shuinunguhgat_uel_gubneeda. doobuhn chuckaduripneeda. eejae dangshinduhl_eun duhl_ee ahneera hana_eebneeda. sarang_ee dahngshin_eh chehgo_eh moogiwah bahngpehga_dwejulgut_eebneeda. Hehngbokhasaeyo!"

힘든 날들이 올때면 제일 현명한 선택은 둘이같이 힘들어하는것입니다. 하지만 둘이서 같이 있는다면 태풍의눈에서 같이 쉬는것같을것입니다. 두분 축하드립니다. 이제 당신들은 이 여행에서 둘이아니라 하나입니다. 사랑이 당신의 최고의 무기와 방패가되줄것입니다. 행복하세요!

sorry its really long!

Comment

Working...
                              X