Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you like to be married? :)

Or where did you get married?

I have a while to decide, but I can't come up with anything. My SO is atheist and anti-theistic, so a church is a major no. But we want it inside. So we are completely stuck :P

Just thought I'd start a discussion! Where would you like to get married? Anywhere you have in mind?

There's another thread like this floating around somewhere.. but anyways

My SO and I will be married in the stunning County Courthouse in Colorado. Now that I've told my mom she wants to find some place to eat a fancy dinner afterwards, but I'd rather just go to a bar and drink lots of good beer (or PBR) that's unavailable in Costa Rica. We'll see, we have plenty of time to figure it out

Comment

My SO & I have talked about it, and we're stuck on getting married in a church. (We're both Christians, so it will probably end up being in his home church's chapel.) But if we were going to get married outside I would totally try and do it on our university's campus in front of this really great fountain. It's the center of the side of campus that he & I had almost all of our classes on, so it would be kinda sweet like that. (& then we could have our reception right there too!)

ETA: lucybelle, I wouldn't be able to keep it from my mom as long as you did! haha

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

We married in the original sanctuary (as the church had recently built a bigger one next door) of my home church when I was living in/visiting Washington state.
        My heart belongs to a pilot!
        ~*~
        ~*~
        [/center]

Comment

I'm not fussed really. I'd like a small and simple ceremony. Getting married in a church almost always means a rather formal, traditional wedding with all these wedding customs and such, at least it does over here, and to be honest that doesn't sound so appealing to me. Plus neither of us is religious so it wouldn't make much sense.

He's hung up on getting married on a boat... He's even talking his friend with a skipper license into getting licensed for weddings so he could get us married! What an extravagant idea. I guess you get a wedding and a honeymoon cruise all in one go. I'm cool with it, if it meant a lot to him I'd be happy to go along.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Well, my SO and I met at my church's youth group, and we were both pretty involved in our church before we went away for college. Sooo, seeing as how its our home church, and the church we met in, almost 100% certain I want to get married in our church. :P It worked out for the both of us.

Comment

We were married privately in a courthouse in my hometown.. it's very 1920's art deco and my husband describes the entrance looking like the "Ministry of Magic" in the Harry Potter movies. (When you first enter, there are giant black marble columns everywhere that shine and from certain angles it looks like people are appearing from out of nowhere and always looking like they're in a rush, so I can totally see where he's coming from!) Now, whenever people ask where we got married, I tell them, "The Ministry of Magic!" Tee hee.

We decided later on to have the "real" wedding in Scotland!

He pitched the idea of having a wedding in a castle. As for me, I would love to have a wedding in or near a walled garden in Scotland.. maybe close to a castle. (Actually, any nice garden will do!) I love flowers and how gardens add beauty to just about anything!

But because of UK weather, we'd probably have the event indoors too.. so a castle sounds like a great idea to me!

Comment

I'm only religious on paper, but my boyfriend's Catholic and it's important to him to get married in a church. So we're going to have a Catholic ceremony.
                There are a lot of incredibly beautiful wooden churches in the east of Poland and we've pretty much decided we want this:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...4skie_Porzecze
                more photos: https://krabikowie.blogspot.de/searc...kie%20Porzecze

We originally wanted a smaller church, as there are some really cute tiny wooden (!) churches in that area, too. But we went to see this one some time ago and we fell in love with it immediately. It's pretty much orginal from the 18th century and probably the most beautiful church I've ever seen.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                  I'm only religious on paper, but my boyfriend's Catholic and it's important to him to get married in a church. So we're going to have a Catholic ceremony.
                  There are a lot of incredibly beautiful wooden churches in the east of Poland and we've pretty much decided we want this:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...4skie_Porzecze
                  more photos: https://krabikowie.blogspot.de/searc...kie%20Porzecze

We originally wanted a smaller church, as there are some really cute tiny wooden (!) churches in that area, too. But we went to see this one some time ago and we fell in love with it immediately. It's pretty much orginal from the 18th century and probably the most beautiful church I've ever seen.
                  They just don't make churches like that in the US.... Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My grandparents and parents were married in the same church and I think it would be nice to be married there as well. However it has since been converted into a Korean church and I am not religious. Perhaps I could convince the korean priest man to let me get married there based on tradition rather religion?

Comment

I want to get married on the beach. I just absolutely love the beach. The only draw back is the sand. I would be able to wear a long elaborate dress. So I don't think that will end up being where I get married. But I can't really think of anywhere else other than a traditional church. But I technically don't have a religion and I haven't been in a church since I was really little. My SO is catholic but he doesn't ever go to church either. Maybe we will get married in a hotel on the beach.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

We're getting married at a nearby courthouse. When we finally have the big ceremony though, we're going to get married at a ranch. It's absolutely beautiful! It wasn't my first choice. My first choice was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlaxton_Manor. I did a semester here when I was at uni, and it's the most gorgeous building I have ever seen! It's also close to where my fiance lives.
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I want to get married at my very favorite place in the whole world. Savage Gulf. It's a gorgeous gulf in Southeast Tennessee. I really love being there. I've been there with my SO before, and once he got used to the height (he has a slight fear of heights, and it's kind of high), he really liked it. The gulf is full of trees and the plateau above it is very wooded, so of course it's gorgeous in the fall. But all the new life and light greens of spring are pretty (plus there's no football to schedule around, though I'd love a football game anniversary present...). But definitely not summer or winter.

Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                          Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                          Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                          LD again: July 24, 2012
                          Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                          Married: November 1, 2014
                          Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

at the church where we first met and shared our first kiss. where i met his parents, where he also met mine. where we shared so many memories, be it having an argument n making up, or being sad n comforting each other.
                            <3

Comment

I would love to get married in Lake George, NY. I completely fell in love with the location while camping with my SO and his family last year. He keeps trying to persuade me into an outdoor wedding, but me and my anxiety worry about the weather... So we'll see. An engagement is still a long way off (at least until we're out of school).

The other idea I had was to get married at a ski resort, but during the summer. We both love to ski, and I want to get married in the summer. Plus a ski resort might give us a bit of a discount since there's no skiing in the summer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X