No announcement yet.

Bad luck ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore my grandmothers engagement ring which ended in divorce. So clearly I feel like you should go for it!

Comment

if it's cursed as you say , make it uncursed and break the chain !!

Comment

I say go for it. Unlike most people, I don't think divorce always equals failed or unsuccessful. Sometimes you have a good run, but it simply doesn't last forever, and an amicable parting, with lots of good, happy memories, is pretty OK in my book
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

So now I'm sort of going back and forth. I just wrote my mom about getting her ring re-sized and she says "are you really sure you want it? a good ring is important!" And now I don't know. I love that ring, I think it's so pretty. But I want my SO to buy me one. I mean, we'll split the price of the ring, but I want it to be a surprise. And I sort of think it's silly to have 2 rings (engagement and wedding). Especially since I already have so many beautiful rings and not enough fingers to put them on!

Obviously this is an "it's up to you" type of deal, but what do you guys think? Take the ring I already know I love, or get the surprise from my SO? (who, as you all have probably heard me whine about before, has never bought me jewelry so I have no idea what he'd get!)

Comment

My engagement ring is very special to me because my husband picked it out himself, with no input from me - and it's perfect! Every time I look at my ring, I think of him. While I love heirloom rings, I wouldn't trade the ring he picked out for anything. If he's never bought you jewelry, maybe he's nervous that he will choose something you aren't thrilled with. Let him know how special a ring chosen by him, to represent his love for you, will be cherished.
            *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Gosh, I don't know what I'd do! I'm very superstitious. I don't think I would ever wear my mom's wedding ring because my parents divorced 7 years ago and it'd bring back too many sad memories. That's just my opinion on it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'd go for both the engagement ring with the wedding band. Maybe if you lend him the band he can find an engagement ring to match it. It would probably put his mind at easy having something he knows you love to use as a reference. If you're used to wearing rings having two on the one finger isn't annoying or anything (like I thought it would be) and that way you get the ring you've always loved AND jewelry from him, and seriously if he doesn't buy you jewelry soon I'm going to message him somehow and tell him to do so hahaha.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Wait a minute, I might have missed something, is there a second ring to your mum's wedding ring? You want to use it as an engagement and wedding ring, right?
                  Where would you get a matching ring for your SO from?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                    Wait a minute, I might have missed something, is there a second ring to your mum's wedding ring? You want to use it as an engagement and wedding ring, right?
                    Where would you get a matching ring for your SO from?
                    Let me try to clear it up

The ring I wanted to use from my mom is a wedding band. At first I thought I'd use that as my wedding band and then have my SO buy me an engagement ring. But I think it's silly to have two rings. So now I've just decided that my SO has to buy me a ring, and I'll only wear that one. He's going to propose with it, but it will also be the wedding band. Am I making sense?

And his we'll just get eventually. They won't match since he wants white gold and I want yellow gold.

Comment

Ok, I get it.
                      I think you can still have two more rings. They're not only pretty like your others but they have a meaning.

I guess I was just too set on matching wedding bands to consider anything else

Also I saw these wedding rings with a floral pattern in a bridal magazine the other day and I thought of you (Olek thought they were hideous, but he's a man it doesn't count). I'm going to take a photo tomorrow.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        Let me try to clear it up

The ring I wanted to use from my mom is a wedding band. At first I thought I'd use that as my wedding band and then have my SO buy me an engagement ring. But I think it's silly to have two rings. So now I've just decided that my SO has to buy me a ring, and I'll only wear that one. He's going to propose with it, but it will also be the wedding band. Am I making sense?

And his we'll just get eventually. They won't match since he wants white gold and I want yellow gold.
                        I'm also only having one ring, but it's more because I don't really like things on my fingers. I think having the first piece of jewelry your SO buys you be your engagement and wedding ring will be incredibly special. In this case, you can't lose. (:

Comment

Working...
                        X