Night of wedding-- awkward or normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night of wedding-- awkward or normal?

Most of you know my SO and I plan to get married in January. Just a small little thing. We'll be staying with my aunt and uncle, but I think it'd be nice to get a hotel room for the night of the wedding. But I'm also worried it'll be super awkward. Like my family dropping us off at the hotel, knowing exactly what the plan is, picking us up the next morning... I don't know... (yes they would have to drop us off and pick us up. My aunt and uncle live about a mile or so outside of town)

It's stupid. My SO and I have lived with each other for 1.5 years. My whole family and his whole family and everyone who knows we live together must know we're sexually active. But I just feel so weird about it! My SO keeps joking about how the day after he's going to high-5 my dad and brother

What do you guys think? I really want to get a hotel room and bang my new husband, but.. awkward! (renting a room for the whole time we're there is not an option, way out of our price range) Ideas? Just get over it?

Thanks!

Haha this reminds me of the Engaged & Underage episode I saw where they still lived with their parents and after the reception the guy picks up his bride to carry her over the threshold to her room and she is like 'Now we can finally close the door!'

I don't have any advice, but you only get a wedding night once (assumingly!) take full advantage or a nice suite with a Jacuzzi and fuck the shit out of each other....I mean make passionate husband/wife loving. Nothing worse then having to keep quite in the room next to Auntie and Uncle.

Comment

I think you'll just have to get over it!! It might be a bit awkward but you are a funny lady so I know you'll turn it into a joke or something.
      I remember when I was younger (like 12/13), going to a wedding and I was so embarrassed to say goodbye to my cousin (the bride) because I *KNEW* what she was about to go do! But now, if I'm at a wedding, I barely even think about that part of it.

Comment

I'm going with "get over it" on this one. They know no matter where you are, you'll be doing it. In some countries, the marriage isn't actually valid until the couple "consummate" it. Haha

Awkward story from my wedding:

My bridesman had to leave his suit with us after the reception, because he'd have been unable to get to the store and return it the next day... meaning he had to come to the bridal suite to change. But, when we made our official exit from the reception he was in the loo, and we'd forgotten all about it - until we got back to our room and his bag was there. So Obi had to run downstairs and find him - lots of people saw them both get into the lift together. And 45 minutes later there were still some lingering guests chatting in the lobby when he came down, alone, in different clothes. Some people are still asking me what really happened that night haha.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hahaha! Get over it Of course they know you're gonna do it like a couple of bunnies, it's your wedding night! Yeah, it could be an awkward ride, but so what? It's only a mile or so, right? Just get it on, and have fun, they did the same thing The only other idea I can think of is to see if you can get a taxi, it shouldn't be too expensive for that short of a ride, and you won't have to look at them getting out of the car.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I vote get over it too I guess. I doubt anyone's really thinking about it, but even if they did they would understand it was perfectly normal, right? I found myself in a similar position a few days ago. I made a comment while talking to my mom about looking up hotel reviews for the wedding night and she was like why do you need a hotel room, we're leaving the next day for the family-moon (a trip we had booked before we decided to get married then)! I was like weeell, we can't go back to your house after the wedding, right? It couldn't have been more awkward. She knows we're not sexually active so it is very possible that it never even crossed her mind. S:

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
              I vote get over it too I guess. I doubt anyone's really thinking about it, but even if they did they would understand it was perfectly normal, right?
              Yeah you guys are right, I just need to get over it. The thing is my family will be thinking about it and will probably comment. They'll do their damnedest to embarrass me and it'll work. Although my SO will probably just be laughing around with them! Sex is one of those things I'm not comfortable talking about with my family. I guess they'll embarrass me and that'll be that. You only get married for the first time once, so I better make the most of it!!

edit:

So I started looking up hotels and turns out the hot springs in the area has a few places to stay! That might be less awkward. The whole family could go to the hot springs and then my SO and I just... stay. The thing is the places to stay don't have any heat or light, we'd have to bring sleeping bags and head lamps and such. I'd love that, but I don't know how my SO would feel about camping in the snow, sleeping on futons, on our wedding night. I'll have to ask. Two of the places has fireplaces! How romantic... right? jaja
              Last edited by lucybelle; August 22, 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                edit:

So I started looking up hotels and turns out the hot springs in the area has a few places to stay! That might be less awkward. The whole family could go to the hot springs and then my SO and I just... stay. The thing is the places to stay don't have any heat or light, we'd have to bring sleeping bags and head lamps and such. I'd love that, but I don't know how my SO would feel about camping in the snow, sleeping on futons, on our wedding night. I'll have to ask. Two of the places has fireplaces! How romantic... right? jaja
                I would loooooooove this!!! Awwww big time
                I think you'll be fine with your family don't worry too much about it.

Comment

My parents paid for our wedding ceremony at a little chapel and then we all went to the restaurant in the hotel he and I would be staying the night in for our after-ceremony dinner and celebration. We drove ourselves there, but it was kind of the same thing. Once my family and friends left they knew we would be going to our room, and ya know... There were a couple of jokes about it, but it wasn't too bad.

Comment

you'll be married...so who the hell cares..i say just do it...not like they don't probably know already that you have sex...

Comment

Working...
                    X