Is this really happening? Are we really engaged?? =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really happening? Are we really engaged?? =D

I know this sounds a bit crazy and hard to believe, but my SO and I have been together for only 2 long months and known each other for 4 months total. But we've gone through so much in the months we've known each other that we're actually committed to be together for the rest of our lives.

During my last visit to see him we've talked about marriage, family, and our future (something we've talked about on a regular basis). And though he didn't get me a ring or get on one knee and do the whole romantic proposal thing, we got engaged. I know some will think we're crazy and just making a hasty decision but honestly we're not young. I'm pushing 27 and he's pushing 30, we're both on the same page and know exactly what we both want, in terms of this relationship and moving forward. This will turn out to be a long engagement because I am actually studying and being put up on the selection board to becoming an Officer in the Air Force. Being a girl, of course i'll want an engagement ring and he's said i will be getting one. Even though we're not married in paper he said he's going to view as if we are a married couple already.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man! He's been nothing be supportive of me since the day we knew of each other existence.

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!! (:

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Actually my husband and I knew from the start that we'd eventually get married. We decided marriage was in our future early on and discussed it mere weeks into our relationship, before we even met in person. We didn't announce it to our friends and family until 6 months into our relationship, though. I was in Russia when he let me choose my engagement ring and I called home to my parents to tell them. Our 6-monthaverssary was the most romantic and adorable day ever, too!

We also didn't do the proposal thing. We'd already discussed it ahead of time and knew when/how we would announce it to others. We had to wait from May of last year (when we became "officially engaged" although we'd been engaged in our own minds for months before that point) until April of this to get married, so we had around 11 months of engagement. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a "long engagement" or not. We had to wait through immigration stuff to get him here before we could be married.

Before I met him, I was always the one who thought people should date a person for years before deciding to marry them. I learned that this isn't always necessary. We're still super happy, too. Also, me and my hubby are close to the ages of you and your fiance. Congrats on your engagement!

Comment

Working...
          X