Bridesmaid's dresses help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridesmaid's dresses help...

I can't believe I'm posting in this section!!

My sister is getting married in a few months and I'm helping her through the planning process. It's been great so far
    We are three bridesmaids, and are having a bit of trouble finding our bridesmaid dresses and evening wear dresses.

Traditionally here there is the wedding and reception, but also there are two dinner parties before hand, one hosted by the groom's family, and one by the bride's. Also there's the bachelor and bachelorette parties. We're not having a bridal shower (or at least I think so, so far). So that means each of us needs 5 outfits!

For the bachelor and bachelorette it will be casual dresses, so that's not too much of a problem but the others are dressed up evening gowns. After looking at what's available in the market here, and the prices (starting 450$ up to 5000$ per piece) it's pretty scary! It is way above our budget, and they aren't even that nice! So I'm looking into the possibility of buying online for the three of us, maybe even the bride's evening gowns and the mother of the bride too!

So here comes the question:

Do you know of any site that has nice dresses with impeccable finish in either chiffon/lace/silk/satin that is affordable and does refunds/exchanges with long delays? Seeing as it may take a lot of time to travel and such, especially if it has to go back and forth from the US to Lebanon for instance :S

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Would it be possible to buy one dress and dress it differently at each event? One time with a sash/ribbon around the waste, another with a cardigan, another with a shawl, all with different jewelry? Or even buy one of those dresses you can wear like 5 different ways and tie it a different way for each event?

edit- Just found this website https://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/ where they show one dress 15 different ways! Wowza! I don't know if they do shipping, etc. But maybe contact them to see? And just found another one- https://www.henkaa.com/
    Last edited by lucybelle; September 30, 2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I don't have any site suggestions but the convertible dresses are awesome. I have one that I bought from a different site and I love it. You definitely need help in getting them on and twisted as needed If that would be an acceptable alternative, I would go for it. Then you could use the dresses for even more events past the wedding.

Comment

I got my bridesmaid dresses from this website: https://www.weddingshoppeinc.com/ They do international shipping.

I got 2 chiffon Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses for $100 each. They were cheaper then anywhere else to begin with, but they were having a labour day sale too so I got them cheaper... if you could wait to order them in late November, when the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday Sales are on after thanksgiving, you might find a bargain.

Also lightinthebox.com do cheaper evening dresses too
        Last edited by nicole; September 30, 2012, 03:39 PM.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's also www.dessy.com. They have some really nice dresses and a large selection. I recommend both of the sites that nicole mentioned too. They all seem to have a nice selection of dresses at affordable prices.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Love two birds and you can have the same dress customized for bridesmaids of different builds.

I also like tbdress.com.... great prices and huge selection
            Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
            Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
            Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
            Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
            Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much for all the great responses! I'll be sure to check out every link once i get home tonight Lucybelle, love the idea of a convertible dress! Unfortunately it wouldn't work out to wear the same dress at two of those events; but it's a great idea even so, as we'll have lots of other occasions to wear it
              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
              X