It's finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally here!

For a while now I've been all mopey every time someone else had announced their engagement on facebook. Now it's my turn!!!! It's weird to say that we're engaged now, but I'm beyond thrilled and can't imagine it any differently.

So as you may know, I had an interview yesterday morning. (I can't believe this only happened yesterday!!) It went really well, and they said they would get back to me early this next week. We had planned on meeting up/grabbing coffee with a guy from our college church to talk about what was going on, and generally catch up. We had planned on meeting some friends after that, at the coffee shop. He was going to meet a couple guys from the Varsity Glee Club - the men's choir he was in at Purdue. So I mentioned to one of my friends that we were going to be there and hopefully she would come meet up with us so we could chat while the boys caught up. Weeeeeeeeeeellll.... 2pm rolls around, right when he said his buddies were planning on showing up.

I noticed a guy standing nearby with a guitar, looking kind of shifty. Then all of a sudden 3 more guys appeared, and he started playing. Nix sang to me a little bit and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I couldn't speak so all I could do was nod. After the guys left (and I hugged them all and said thank you) a spectator (did I mention that this coffee shop, our favorite on campus, is always packed???) came up to me and said, "I don't mean to be a creeper, but I videoed part of it and wanted to know if you wanted me to send it to you?" I immediately replied, "That would be amazing!! Thank you so much!!" So we're ENGAGED (YAY) and hopefully the job works out and I get to move to be closer to him and we can start really planning our wedding!!

Since I'm betting you are all wondering if I'll share the video, of course I will! I posted it to Youtube, but set it so you have to have the link to see the video. We haven't posted anything on facebook yet, because I want to wait and let it sink in a few days first, haha. But this is the video!

And of course, what you all really want to see... the ring!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

I am so happy for you! I love that song! I don't blame you for not being able to say anything, if my SO proposed to me like that (even though I don't want a public proposal) I'd CRY! Congratulations! And you have a beautiful ring

sigpic

Comment

Whee, congratulations! Adorable proposal, beautiful ring... aww, I'm happy for you! Here's wishing you both a world of happiness

Comment

Awwwww that made me cry! So beautiful! Congratulations and I hope you nail this job!!!

Comment

What a lovely proposal The ring is also beautiful!

Comment

That's a beautiful ring. Congratulations.
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulations on the engagement! What a sweet proposal and beautiful ring.
              Best wishes and happy planning!

Comment

Congrats! I know you've been looking forward to this Lovely ring! I'll watch the video later, I'm ''teaching'' right now

Comment

When you told me yesterday, I began crying because I was so happy for you! Now I am crying because the video was so sweet! I am beyond thrilled for you two and I love you girl! You deserve this. The ring is sooooo pretty!!! Now, if only Christy's guy and my guy would get their acts together and get on this....lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
                    Very nice proposal and ring!! I hope it was everything you dreamed of!

Comment

Congrats to the both of you! What a lovely proposal and ring! Awesome that someone videotaped it and shared it with you

Comment

Congratulations! That is so awesome that there was someone filming it. Beautiful ring

Comment

You guys are making me tear up again!! Telling my family & friends was AWESOME, and I loved it, but sharing with you guys is even better! A lot of his family texted back (he sent them a picture and captioned it "Engaged!!"), "Finally!!" hahaha, we've been talking about it for a long time now (about a year), so it's still a little hard to grasp it's real!

Your well wishes mean so much to me.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

What a story to tell the grandkids! So many congrats to both of you!

Comment

OMG what a lovely video and GORGEOUS ring . How kind of someone to video it. A huge congratulations lady to you and you fella xx

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                              Second visit scheduled May 2013
                              Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X