Surprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise!

Surprise! We got married on November 21st. Yes, the day before Thanksgiving. It was definitely the happiest day of my life.

Gareth and I have been engaged since January, and we had discussed getting married then. It didn't seem like a big deal to us to not have the big wedding right away. However, his family threw a big fit about us eloping so we decided against it then. Ever since, we've been planning to have a big wedding in May (which we still plan to do). We saw each other once, April-May, when his brother married one of my friends. We didn't even discuss possibly getting married then. As time has gone on, we've talked about it more and more. We weren't sure if getting married now was the right thing for us to do. The more we talked about it, the more we liked the idea. We went back and forth for a long time, though. Finally right before he got here a few weeks ago, we decided to just go for it. We went and applied for our marriage license. We actually tried to get our marriage license three different times! That was a fiasco, but we got it. In Texas, you have to wait at least 72 hours before you can get married so we couldn't go with our first choice date, November 15th (it would've been exactly 11 months since we got engaged). We talked about it, and we decided on the 21st. It just seemed like a good date. There's no real reason behind it.

Right now, we're trying to keep it quiet because of the big fuss his family made when we were going to elope the first time. However, we're planning on telling his family tonight. My mom and dad were actually at the wedding. However, my sister doesn't know so I'll tell her now that we're telling his family. Then everyone important to us will know.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Congrats!!!!! I'm glad you got hitched the way you wanted to!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations! I'm glad you did everything the way you wanted I really hope his family will see how happy you guys are and not kick up too much of a fuss!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!! Wishing you all the happiness in your marriage

Comment

Congratulations!!!! Best wishes to you and your husband-how awesome is it to call him that? (And how awesome it is to see another LFAD couple tying the knot!!)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Congrats!
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Wow, fantastic! Congratulations to you both, I hope you have a long and happy life together
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations!!! I hope his family don't cause too much of a fuss about it.. just celebrate the fact that you are married and very happy together!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats you guys! ^-^ That is completely awesome. Any pictures for us??

Comment

yay, congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats and best wishes for your marriage
                              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                              X