Verragio engagement rings anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verragio engagement rings anyone?

I've been seeing these all over Facebook so I finally decided to take a look. They're the prettiest rings I have EVER seen! And they're a lot more affordable than other companies. I spoke with my jeweler over here in AZ, and he told me that they are high quality rings and that the reason they aren't expensive is because they don't sell you their name. Like Tiffany & Co (even though I LOVE Tiffany.)

https://www.verragio.com/Verragio-En...IA-7033?slide=
    This is the one I've fallen in love with.

Do any of you have a Verragio ring? Anyone heard of them?

Absolutely gorgeous!! I would definitely not say no to a ring like that... though that being said, if I was to get engaged (in the distant future! lol) I think I would prefer something vintage.. something with history... and maybe not a diamond as the main stone... but maybe a sapphire or peridot... actually peridot would be meaningful since it's the August birthstone (when my BF is born)

I just googled vintage peridot rings, and yes, that is what I want! I think it is much more "us" then your average (albeit GORGEOUS diamond engagement rings...)
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

It's funny that you say that, I've always wanted a different center stone, but I've always been afraid it will look weird or something. You know?I've always thought either a yellow topaz or a ruby would be something I would like. But I don't know if it fits my personality?

Comment

Like this?

or this?

or this?

ok so I have to admit the ruby ones make my heart stop! I love them!!

Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)

Comment

peridot:

Sapphire:

*sigh* I'm getting carried away...

Comment

RUBY YES!! AND THE YELLOW ONES. GAH!! I have a sapphire promise ring, but I wouldn't want one as an engagement ring because I feel like it would look too much like Princess Diana's ring.

Comment

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
              RUBY YES!! AND THE YELLOW ONES. GAH!! I have a sapphire promise ring, but I wouldn't want one as an engagement ring because I feel like it would look too much like Princess Diana's ring.
              haha one of the ones I posted was actually Princess Diana's ring!

When I put ruby engagement ring in google image, the result just made my heart stop. That deep red is just so passionate. mmm... I may have to add this to my list of dream (never going to happen) rings! hehehe

I am also dying to start another thread with dream wedding planning... but then I would never get work done... (I can be so girly when it comes to these things... I'm not even in a rush to get married - lol well except it would close the distance... but I just can't resist thinking about weddings... not even necessarily big ones.. I love imagining all the details of a sweet intimate ceremony too...)

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
                I am also dying to start another thread with dream wedding planning... but then I would never get work done... (I can be so girly when it comes to these things... I'm not even in a rush to get married - lol well except it would close the distance... but I just can't resist thinking about weddings... not even necessarily big ones.. I love imagining all the details of a sweet intimate ceremony too...)
                That's what I do on Pinterest every day...I have our entire wedding planned out, and he's totally okay with it. I want a Sleeping Beauty wedding. Colors are Light Pink, Light Purple, Light Blue and Gold. I want him in a tan tux. It's going to be in the winter and in the evening. Hahaha I've got this all mapped out in my head.

Comment

These are my rings from Stephen. The first one was the blue one, my promise ring, and then the heart with all the diamonds was a birthday present!

And my Christmas present for this year was this:

By the time we get married I'm going to have to alternate my rings daily...haha. I'm not a fan of jewelry really. I like necklaces and rings, that's about it. So when he buy me something expensive, it's usually a ring or a necklace. But I like the presents that I can cuddle with too. Stuffed animals, his clothes...hahaha.

Comment

so pretty!!

My BF always gets me practical gifts... It doesn't seem romantic at first, but they are things I use almost every day and think of him each time I use them so it ends up being romantic in that way... That being said, I asked him for jewelry... I want something I can wear every day that I know he's picked out for me.

Comment

I'm not keen on Verragio- way too fussy for me! I like my simple ring, and the peekaboo diamonds are as fussy as I can get Really I like rings with a simple setting, either a single stone or 3-stone, and I like the band to have more detail. Not a fan of lots of stones everywhere on the thing, it just seems too much. My love is simple, so the token to represent it should reflect that.

and I don't see what the problem is with coloured stones these days. My SO threw a bitch-fit when I wanted a sapphire ring because EVERYONE has diamonds. Diamond engagement rings are only a recent thing. My mum had a sapphire engagement ring, my grandma had a ruby, as did my SO's grandma. I really dislike that the jewellery industry pushes diamonds on everyone, because really, not everyone wants a diamond. My SO had this whole hang-up that it would make him look "cheap" to give me what I wanted, and it really pissed me off. If a sapphire is good enough for the future queen of England, it's damn well good enough for me, no matter what the jewelry store says!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                        I'm not keen on Verragio- way too fussy for me! I like my simple ring, and the peekaboo diamonds are as fussy as I can get Really I like rings with a simple setting, either a single stone or 3-stone, and I like the band to have more detail. Not a fan of lots of stones everywhere on the thing, it just seems too much.
                        See, I'm totally opposite. I want the engagement ring to be really sparkly and eye catching, but not huge and gaudy. But I want the band to be simple and plain. No diamonds, no detail, but a simple band. I like the detailing on the Verragio, but if it's the one I get, I'm going to ask for no stones on the band. Just the halo and maybe a ruby instead of a diamond! It's cheaper and prettier that way!

Comment

I'm not really big on overly decorated or expensive rings. I think that paying $1,000 or so for a ring is rather silly and I'm more interested in plain bands, small sets, a colored stone, etc. I also prefer silver/white gold and colored stones over diamonds and yellow gold. Meaning that I'm not really particularly fond of their rings.

That said, this isn't the most traditional and it goes against my dislike of bigger rings/stones but I absolutely love this ring.. I just have no idea where it could be purchased at or how much it costs.

"Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I always see them on facebook too! Makes me yearn for an engagement ring so bad haha.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1148132...iamond-wedding

This ring was posted away ago on the engagement ring thread and I still love it so much. RareEarth makes tons of colored stone rings and they're all so gorgeous. Not quite super eye catching but I love the eternity band and a lot of them tend to have it. My dream ring would be a mixture between the original one posted and the linked one ^ but with three stones and not quite as round. My SO promised that we could take a trip to San Francisco (where the etsy jeweler is located and where we've always wanted to go and customize one.

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
                              I'm not really big on overly decorated or expensive rings. I think that paying $1,000 or so for a ring is rather silly and I'm more interested in plain bands, small sets, a colored stone, etc. I also prefer silver/white gold and colored stones over diamonds and yellow gold. Meaning that I'm not really particularly fond of their rings.

That said, this isn't the most traditional and it goes against my dislike of bigger rings/stones but I absolutely love this ring.. I just have no idea where it could be purchased at or how much it costs.

You can google search an image (just copy and paste the image into Google). The one I saw that looks like your picture is almost $2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X