Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should be couple time during a wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time should be couple time during a wedding?

So we're having a big hoo-rah with family and such for about 4 or 5 days. I'm wondering if it's allowed to have alone time during those days? And I'm not talking about jumping each other's bones, I'm talking about just me and my SO going for dinner and enjoying being together. We had planned to go to this restaurant after the ceremony, but in the end they couldn't accommodate such a large group. Since my SO still wants to go there (he wants to eat elk!) I was wondering if it would be okay for just the two of us to go, even with the family still in town. Or is a wedding a suck it up, you have to be with family type of deal? Thoughts?

Do it. Your wedding is, after all, about you two. I know your family will be there and everything, but you need to have alone-time, even if it is just dinner. (Although I think he's crazy for wanting to eat elk..... ) This is, after all, the "beginning of the rest of your lives". You need to have time to celebrate with just the two of you. Marriage is a big deal, and only has 2 people in it. So, I say, go out, have a nice dinner (or meal or two) with just the two of you.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      (Although I think he's crazy for wanting to eat elk..... )
      Hey! I haven't eaten elk, but my SO and I are raising bison for food! (we have 31 of them now). The meat is delicious!

Lucybelle, I think that you won't want to spend too much time separate from your friends/family since you don't get to see them much, but I totally makes sense for you and he to have a solo dinner together. It sounds nice!

Comment

I vote yes on solo time!! It'll be good to take a little break from family for one evening and have a nice, private dinner out. My SO and I wanted some alone time (today ) So we left our own party for 20 minutes, locked ourselves in our room and opened some champagne and read each other our vows. It was short and sweet but was really special to us to have a moment away.

Comment

I don't have a specific opinion on this subject, but is it normal that the post above mine made me tear up? Haha
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I think having some alone time with just the two of you is important. Go out for a meal or two by yourselves, but I think the majority of the time should be with your family. You'll know how much time is too much time either alone or with your family.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Yes, you should definitely have some alone time I'm sure your family would understand if you wanted to have dinner by yourselves one night, especially if it's 4-5 days you'll be spending with them. I say do it!

Comment

Thanks everyone! We'll plan for a dinner by ourselves one night

Comment

I think as long as you spend enough time with your family they shouldn't give you any trouble about wanting an afternoon or night (or two) on your own! Most weddings are just one day, so they'll probably understand that you'll want some time just the two of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X