This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorporating two bouquets

My mom told me that as a surprise (she's awful at keeping secrets) my aunt is going to buy me a real flower bouquet. As you guys might know, I already made myself a button bouquet which I really love. But, my aunt is being very nice to buy me a real bouquet so I want to use both. But how? Thoughts? I'm not going to be throwing either one. And since it's a fake elopement, there's no wedding party or anything.

I'll definitely take pictures with both, but I kind of want to use my button one for the ceremony. But I also would love to have real flowers...

aaarg!

So, help me! How do I use both?

are you doing a bouquet toss? could you use the real one for that, maybe use one indoors and the other outdoors?

Comment

Are you doing it in the courthouse? Maybe put the real flowers on the table to make the place look a bit less bare?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like the idea of using the real floral bouquet as a decoration, if possible. It's a lovely gesture, and I think they'd understand that you would want to use the bouquet that you worked so hard on to walk down the aisle with. Pictures with both is also a really great way to use them both

Comment

If i remember correctlyyour ceremony isnotonthe first day of your arrival; maybe your mom could kifdnap your bouquet and pass it to youraunt who'll ask the florist to incorporate it in one bouquet? I think it would look good with white only flowers and your blue purple buttons
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Maybe your mum could get to her in time to convince her to buy you a corsage instead?

Failing that, whoever walks you to the ceremony could carry one, and you the other?
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Incorporate them both, like this one here! It is so beautiful!

Comment

That's so nice of her!!! I'd put it out as a decoration, and then definitely with the pictures. LB, you worked hard on that bouquet and it turned out amazing. If someone gave me a bouquet of real flowers, I would say Thank you! but still carry the bouquet I'm making down the aisle (and probably put the real bouquet on the table or something at the reception).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Ah and I thought my idea to combine them would be stupid, but gosh, I do really like the look of the one dglynn77 posted!
                  Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                  Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                  Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by dglynn77 View Post

Incorporate them both, like this one here! It is so beautiful!
                    This is what I was gonna suggest as well. Just make sure to let her know what color(s) to get for the real flower bouquet.
                    Do you think this could work and make you, as well as your aunt, happy?
                    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I like the idea of combining the bouquets, but this is what my bouquet looks like. In order to combine them, they would have to tear mine apart. Which would make me upset because it took me a really long damn time to make it!!

We're not getting married at the courthouse, we'll be getting married behind my uncle's shop on the river. It would be nice to somehow use it as decoration, but I'm trying to figure out how. We'd have to bring out a table. I'm sure we could find one... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        I like the idea of combining the bouquets, but this is what my bouquet looks like. In order to combine them, they would have to tear mine apart. Which would make me upset because it took me a really long damn time to make it!!

We're not getting married at the courthouse, we'll be getting married behind my uncle's shop on the river. It would be nice to somehow use it as decoration, but I'm trying to figure out how. We'd have to bring out a table. I'm sure we could find one... hmm...
                        maybe ask instead of a bouquet if she could buy a small venue decoration instead? doesn't have to be too over the top- I'm using wild flowers in jars and bottles for example. Maybe a few small flowers scattered around would be pretty?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Would it be possible for a bridesmaid to carry one of the bouquets? I know that's not traditional, but neither is having two haha

sigpic

Comment

Well my mom called me last night and said she went ahead and told my aunt to not get me the flower bouquet. So hooray! Problem solved!

Thanks for all the advice

Comment

Working...
                            X