"Professional" DIY Invitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Professional" DIY Invitations

Okay, so... first, I know there are at least 2 other similar threads. But they're both over a year old. So, here's a new one.

I had been looking at craft stores at the box sets, at weddingpaperdivas.com, invitationsbydawn.com, theamericanwedding.com, magnetstreet.com, basically, everywhere. And couldn't find invites that I liked. Anywhere. (I realize that my wedding is still 9+ months off, but I wanted to at least FIND them now.)

And then, I posted on the forum on theknot. (I spam them with wedding details, although I like LFAD much better ) And someone recommended this website. And then I found them. And it's magical. cardsandpockets.com. It's as much DIY as I want. And the colors are perfect. And I can just order the paper and then print them on my own if I want, or have them print the invites for me, and then they'll assemble them for me if I want, or I can do it myself... It's... just... perfect.

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one who is wedding planning right now, and this way you guys can put this in your back pockets for when you DO start wedding planning! I thought I'd just share.

ETA: I just realized I had "the dress" moment with paper.... *sigh* I think I have a problem, guys...

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

That sounds so cool! Have fun with them

sigpic

Comment

Thats cool! I just got mine on weddingpaperdivas- I'm too crap at crafts to be trusted making much for my wedding! My DIY skillz are being limited to making confetti out of maps, painting a mailbox, and even that didn't turn out too great Another DIY option is to buy a digital invite from etsy- you buy the file for around $10-20 then print them on whatever paper/cardstock you want.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I ordered my invitations from Vistaprint. They were just over $100 with shipping. I found some that my husband and I absolutely love! These are the ones we got: our invitations.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
          (I realize that my wedding is still 9+ months off, but I wanted to at least FIND them now.)

ETA: I just realized I had "the dress" moment with paper.... *sigh* I think I have a problem, guys...
          What date is your wedding Lyons? I saw you have a ticker.. but I can't be bothered to try and figure it out :P We're getting married very close to each other though! 4th of October is our date

Originally posted by nicole View Post
          Thats cool! I just got mine on weddingpaperdivas- I'm too crap at crafts to be trusted making much for my wedding! My DIY skillz are being limited to making confetti out of maps, painting a mailbox, and even that didn't turn out too great Another DIY option is to buy a digital invite from etsy- you buy the file for around $10-20 then print them on whatever paper/cardstock you want.
          I had a look at the site you mentioned you got your invitations from... and OH MY GOD there are so many good ideas! I've already started bookmarking ideas to show to my SO. I was/am so lost with the invitations.. they seem so overwhelming with all the info you need to include and how to present it in the invite. This site has already helped me lol.

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
          I ordered my invitations from Vistaprint. They were just over $100 with shipping. I found some that my husband and I absolutely love!
          Meg, for some reason when I tried to open the link of the invites you got it just opened the main vista print site . wanted to see your invites! oh well..
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
            What date is your wedding Lyons? I saw you have a ticker.. but I can't be bothered to try and figure it out :P We're getting married very close to each other though! 4th of October is our date
            October 26

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I had a look at the site you mentioned you got your invitations from... and OH MY GOD there are so many good ideas! I've already started bookmarking ideas to show to my SO. I was/am so lost with the invitations.. they seem so overwhelming with all the info you need to include and how to present it in the invite. This site has already helped me
              I know! You just plug in your information, and they sort it for you, and if you want to change any wording, they'll do it for you too. They just put up all these cute map ones which I love, but I already got the thank you cards from one suite so I wanted them to match! I got this one in blue can't wait till they come!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jazi, did you click on the first or second link in my other post? The first one was meant to take you to Vistaprint. If you click on where it says our invitations, it should take you right to them. Here's the link again if anybody wants to look at them. Invitations

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Comment

October 26
                  only a few weeks apart. Its really nice having other people wedding planning at the same time from LFAD, especially at the same planning stage, reminds me to get my butt into action lol.

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                  I know! You just plug in your information, and they sort it for you, and if you want to change any wording, they'll do it for you too. They just put up all these cute map ones which I love, but I already got the thank you cards from one suite so I wanted them to match! I got this one in blue can't wait till they come!
                  Oh I did see the airmail one when I as browsing, its one of the ones i bookmarked to show my SO lol. I'm going to have to check out these map ones you mentioned.. absolutely love maps, and we are having small world globes as part of our centrepieces so it's already kinda in our 'theme'

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
                  Jazi, did you click on the first or second link in my other post? The first one was meant to take you to Vistaprint. If you click on where it says our invitations, it should take you right to them. Here's the link again if anybody wants to look at them. Invitations
                  Thanks Meg, It worked that time! I don't know what was up with it the first time. I like that you went for quite a classic look, with some modern twists on the fonts.. I'm so torn between a classic looking invite, or the modern cute ones..
                  Met Online: February 2009
                  Feelings grew: January 2011
                  First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                  Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                  Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                  Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                  Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                  Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                  Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                  Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                  Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                  Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                  Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                  Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                  Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                  Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

October 26
                    My parents got married on October 26th. They have lasted 27 years. I'd say it's a good day.

Comment

Thanks Meg, It worked that time! I don't know what was up with it the first time. I like that you went for quite a classic look, with some modern twists on the fonts.. I'm so torn between a classic looking invite, or the modern cute ones..
                      Thanks! I actually changed the color of the font to a bright pink since purple and pink are our colors for the big wedding.

If you need any help with your planning, let me know. Most of our details are done for the wedding.

Comment

Working...
                      X