Centerpiece Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centerpiece Idea

Okay, I just saw this picture on theknot, and I think I love this idea for centerpieces.

Except, I'd replace the flower with a candle. and we would do a DIY "double walled vase" aka I'm going to order a bunch of vases from ebay, and then go buy some clear PVC pipe from my local hardware store. Cut it to fit inside the vase, and then full the pipe with teal stones/beads. (like these)

And then maybe fill the bottom of the vase with clear glass marbles/stones, to hold the pipe upright. Then water around the rest of it so the candle still floats. I would only do 1/table, along with a couple (shorter) vases with floating candles, but no teal stone center.

Anyway. What do you ladies (and you couple of guys) think? I'm not afraid of a little DIY action - especially since I'm DIYing a ton of other stuff for the wedding.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

I don't really know what it is... but it looks pretty! I'm sure you'll do a great job

Comment

I quite like it, and I prefer candles over flowers, too! All the DIY stuff is awesome I'd like to do that too when the time comes

Comment

I love it! I also love the DIY aspect

sigpic

Comment

Nice! Candles > flowers! And you can re-use the center pieces to decorate your home together afterwards.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Those are awesome! I think candles look way better than flowers. They add ambiance. Plus wedding flowers are crazy expensive.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Those are gorgeous!

I do have a little bit of advice about DIY wedding things. Make sure you don't have too many DIY things that have to be completed on the day itself, because you won't have any time to do them. Or, have someone be in charge of them, like, filling the vases with water in your case. I had a friend who wanted moss and candles in her vases but decided to do them on the day of so the vases could still be easily transported. She ended up having a break down because so many things she had in mind wasn't done and a group of us had to miss the ceremony to help her set up the reception area with all those tiny little projects she had planned.

Comment

that looks lush! maybe I'm biased because turquoise is my favourite color haha, it looks nice though

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Thanks for the advice, 13000km! Fortunately, the majority of my projects will be completed prior to the wedding, and I'm fairly certain our caterers are going to be setting up the decorations for us, as long as they get them beforehand. I already have a couple of friends (and my 2 FSILs) who I've recruited to help make sure this gets put together - plus my maid of honor & bridesmaid. I guess I'll need to make a checklist of everything that needs to get done & assign jobs to people to make sure it all gets done so I don't have to worry about it while I'm getting ready.

ETA: I'm telling you guys more about my wedding plans/decorations than my IRL friends (aka I'm keeping details off of facebook)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

that look gorgeous...

Comment

Working...
                    X