It's official.. I'm ENGAGED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official.. I'm ENGAGED!

So my SO who lives with my family back in MA while I go to school in NY came to see me on Thursday-Friday to bring me my grandmother's car so I could use it for my TA placements at the local high school and middle school this semester. and he proposed.

He was teasing me with the ring the entire time he was here on Thursday. To the point where I was laying around on the bed at the hotel room we got (because he isn't allowed to stay in my room on campus and because we don't fit in the small bed comfortably) and he put a pillow on my head so I couldn't see anything and tested the size of the ring on my finger.

So on Friday we got up and he let me pick out where I wanted to eat lunch. So we went to Red Robin and he brought the ring along in its boxes (a red ring box and a white gift box around it) and put it on the table to taunt me some more. I made him put it away and we had a nice lunch.

After that we went to Niagara Falls (my school is right down the street from it) where we used to go all the time when we both went to school together. It was freezing and I forgot my mittens in the car so we doubled back and I say him put the white box back in the car. So I figured a proposal wasn't going to happen. I let it go. So we walked by the Falls. He insisted that we walk as close as possible where the mist comes off the Falls and it's colder and windier than the rest of the national park built around the Falls. I bitched the entire ten minute walk because I was FREEZING. He refused to let us walk on the path ten feet further from the Falls so we trudged along and I bitched and he laughed.

We got to a spot where we had taken our first picture as a a couple together and he said. "Looks like a nice place for a picture huh? Now you'll have something else to remember it for." AND HE TOOK THE RED RING BOX OUT OF HIS POCKET AND CHUCKED IT INTO THE FALLS. My face did one of these: and I gasped and almost hit him. But that's when he pulled the ring out of his pocket and said, "Do you really think I spent all that money, drove all this way and a little bitching was going to make me do that?" Then he got down on his knee (which looking back was really funny because I'm so much shorter than he is we were the same height) took my hand..and at that point..I couldn't breathe, think, anything. I had to rest my forehead on his to hold myself up a little bit. And he said, "We stood here two years ago and took a picture. We haven't changed since then. We fought like a married couple, we still fight like a married couple....How about we keep that going forever. Will you marry me?"

And obviously I said yes...and then two hours later had to drive him to the airport so he could go back to MA. But all in all...I am so so so happy. Since you all will ask to see like everyone else, here's the ring. It's the diamond from my grandmother's engagement ring and two sapphires. He actually helped the jeweler make it. he polished all the stones and he set one or two of them.
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Thats such a beautiful ring and beautiful story to go along with it Congrats!
    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

That ring is gorgeous! I love sapphire!!! Cute story. Definitely a funny story to share with friends & family! Hehe. Congratulations!

Comment

Eeee! Congratulations~

Comment

Congratulations!! What a sweet story & a gorgeous ring.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Congrats! Love the story and the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by dianacakes View Post
                That ring is gorgeous! I love sapphire!!! Cute story. Definitely a funny story to share with friends & family! Hehe. Congratulations!
                I told my aunt and a couple friends from school and back home who asked for details they gasped and laughed. He told my grandmother, who picked him up from the airport...he says she couldn't breath she was laughing so hard.
                ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

What a unique proposal story to look back upon! Gorgeous ring, too. Congratulations

Comment

Beautiful ring! I love coloured stones
                    Congratulations! What a lovely story. Niagara Falls must be one of the most romantic places to propose. So amazing <3

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations!!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

congrats!

Cute that you knew about the ring and all before the proposal.. Reminds me of my SO dropping hints for a few months to drive be crazy before he proposed lol.

and your ring is gorgeous, my engagement ring is pretty much yours reversed; 3 stone ring with a centre oval sapphire with a slightly smaller diamond on either side. Absolutely ADORE sapphires along side diamonds, especially in engagement rings, so drool worthy!
                          Met Online: February 2009
                          Feelings grew: January 2011
                          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012