Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought y'all would get a kick out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought y'all would get a kick out of this.

I'm not trying to bash anyone here, just to clarify. I just saw this on theknot forum and I had to laugh a little. I thought you would too.

Title: Long Distance Woes

"I live about 300 miles from my hometown, where my wedding is being held. Because of the distance, it's not realistic for me to return for every wedding activity. For example, my venue is holding a menu tasting soon, and I can't make it. Thankfully, I have family members who are willing to go as proxies so we can make sure everything tastes alright. However, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on a big part of wedding planning since I can't make it to these events. I'll have one more weekend back there before the wedding in five months, during which I'll have ALL my final meetings, and my dress fitting. Then I won't be back until three days before the wedding.

Has anyone else struggled with planning a wedding long-distance? I would love some reassurance that it can be done, and that I'm being silly and won't actually seriously regret missing tasting lamb versus chicken.

Thanks "

Sigh... I assume that she & her man are together, which I didn't bother mentioning. I replied,
    "I'm getting married in my FH's hometown. I booked the reception hall just after Thanksgiving - and have yet to see it. I'm going there for the weekend (next weekend, actually!!) to meet with the caterer, photographer, reception place, bakery.... basically all of our vendors. I bought my dress in Colorado - it was the only time I could go dress shopping with my mom & sister, and that was something I was not going to miss out on. So I have to find a place to get my dress altered. Plus I will be moving before the wedding. I have no idea where yet, nor do I know when.

Long story short, I feel you. (Read my blog, if you're interested.) I don't think I'm "missing out" on any of the experiences. My wedding planning experience is just different from the "norm", which is fine by me. If you focus too much on what you're missing, you won't be able to enjoy what you do get to experience."

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway. I saw it and thought you guys would appreciate it, especially for those of us planning our weddings (either actually planning or just mentally planning! :lol).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Ahh to be only 300 miles away from where I'm getting married! I'm planning on doing as much as I can in one hit as well, including my dress!

Comment

hihi 300 miles i wish we where all so lucky

Comment

3685 miles away from the venue, and I've had to have SKYPE DATES with the florist because I can't meet up with her. I probably won't ever meet her in person either

And traipsing round the venue alone is the sole most depressing experience I have ever had with wedding planning, I'll take living with my SO and planning from afar over being a continent away and doing the meetings by myself. it was like having an invisible/imaginary fiance!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

4000+ miles and its been easy! Ive been lucky in the fact that my mom in law is on the case and she is a wonderful lady so i know everything will be fine. I just have to show up with the kids,divorce papers,a ring and a dress. The only thing i dont have is the dress and im not going full on wedding dress so should be simple.
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I've been lucky in the reecption hall is apart of the church, and it's his regular church we're getting married in, so that was an easy choice for us to make, even though I haven't been able to go inside it, it hasn't mattered too much. He id take photos for me though.

Comment

My grandma and fiance are basically planning the whole thing. I email my input when I think of something. I'm perfectly content.

I've been engaged for a week, but in reality I only have about 3 months to actually do everything this summer before I get married next summer. Yay, for being a full time student 500 hundred miles away. So we've jumped on this with everything we got and I'm DIYing...basically 85% of it.
              ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
              The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
              X