Using Etsy for wedding bits and bobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Etsy for wedding bits and bobs

I was just randomly checking out Etsy today, and i've come across some very cool stuff on there. I've found some jewellery, decoration stuff, bits to use for invitations, and even wedding rings!

I've never used the site before, im wondering how reliable and 'legit' it is. Especially if i was to buy the rings from there?

Good or Bad idea?

I bought some brooches off of etsy - but it all depends on the seller. etsy will help you out if the seller doesn't follow through with the item, but if it just isn't any good, or is cheap quality, I don't know if etsy will help out with that. It could be really cool - I've seen some pretty awesome rings on there!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

We bought our rings on Etsy (simple bands with inscriptions). No problems! They turned out beautifully.

Comment

So its sort of like ebay then? The rings i found, that i loved, the seller had 100% pos feedback with great comments. I know i wouldnt be able to find them anywhere else even if i tried!

Comment

I bought my wedding jewellery and hair clips from etsy- the sellers I dealt with were awesome, and I like the fact I was giving to a small business rather than fuelling the big wedding companies. And you are usually getting something very unique and personal to you too!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanahtas View Post
            So its sort of like ebay then? The rings i found, that i loved, the seller had 100% pos feedback with great comments. I know i wouldnt be able to find them anywhere else even if i tried!
            Just like ebay! As long as the person you're buying from has good feedback then you're good to go.

Comment

Well..., Etsy is owned by Ebay so its exactly like ebay except for crafters. Make sure to check the feed back and check to see if the seller has any "bad" history.

Comment

I bought my SO's wedding band from Etsy. I have to say it's different than the picture, but it's BETTER than it was in the picture. It was a good price and it's unique. He loves it, and so do I

I'm all about Etsy!!!

Oh and let me add- if you're buying rings make sure you know your size!!! Most sellers will not resize it for you, and some metals or styles of rings cannot be resized at all. My SO and I went to a jewelry store, feigned interest in buying rings, got sized and then we knew our sizes. We went to 3 different stores to make sure it was the right size.

Comment

I bought wedding jewelry from etsy, pin wheels for my bridesman to carry, and cake toppers. They were all great, except communication with the cake topper lady was a bit poor, she took her sweet fking time and they arrived the day after the wedding.

I love etsy!
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I never realised Etsy was so popular :P

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post

Oh and let me add- if you're buying rings make sure you know your size!!! Most sellers will not resize it for you, and some metals or styles of rings cannot be resized at all. My SO and I went to a jewelry store, feigned interest in buying rings, got sized and then we knew our sizes. We went to 3 different stores to make sure it was the right size.
                    Good point, i'll have to make sure we sort that out. I've had it measured once but it's always good to check a few times

Comment

Mm yes Etsy! I bought a lot of stuff for the wedding from there! Invitations, wedding jewelry, gifts for the groom, wedding party and mothers, date labels for our outfits, customized return address stamp, and a guest plaque (book). Only one item (a gift) didn't arrive on time. I loved working with each seller and they often had good ideas to make my item more personal and to fit the overall theme of the wedding. (:

Comment

Just received my 0.75mm gold ring spacer today that I got from a seller on etsy. I decided to get one because the gold sticks out on my engagement ring and I don't want it to rub against the diamonds that are on my wedding ring.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7634416...earch_type=all

It's perfect! Very tiny and you can hardly notice it between my rings.

I'm also going to be getting wedding hair accessories, earrings, and other jewelery on etsy for me and bridesmaids

Ebay has also been great for wedding things.
                        Read my LDR story!
                        Facebook
                        Instagram

Comment

Working...
                        X