How does your ring fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does your ring fit?

I sort of feel like my ring is too big. I got it in a size 7 which has always been my ring size. But now I feel like maybe it's a little too big. When I wear it there's an obvious gap between my ring and my finger. The only reason I'm worried about it is because the other day, for the first time ever, one of my rings actually came off my finger without me realizing! My SO found it in the yard! I would be so devastated if I lost my wedding ring. But this size is so comfy. When I push on it, it lifts off my finger like 3 or 4mm or so.

Just curious!!

Apparently my size by Finnish standards is 16.5. When we got the ring is fit pretty nicely.

And then I lost a bunch of weight and now I have to mind it when I wash my hands and stuff. My fingers are pretty small to begin with. I suppose I'll be glad of that if I become pregnant and my fingers swell!
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I think Nix said he went with a 5 for mine. On a "normal" day it fits great, on the other hand when I'm freezing cold it will spin around on my finger and I do get a little concerned that it will come off. When I push on my engagement ring there is a gap (probably 3 or 4 mm). When I push on the ring I wear on my right hand, there is no gap there. (But I broke the ring finger on my right hand and shoved that ring on there... it fits, just... tightly. )

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

can be weather and such there are little tools for it so you cant loose it
        i am sorry i am searching but i can find the name for it, it are little "bridges" that goes on the inside of your ring and make it a size smaller a goldsmith of jewellry shop knows what i mean, what is doen too sometimes is weld a little drop in the ring so it gets a bit more stuck on that way..
        good luck!!

Comment

Personally, I like my ring to be a bit snug. I work at a preschool, so I'm constantly working with and washing my hands. I feel much better when I'm confident it won't slip off. Every-so-often though, for what ever reason my fingers are bigger or smaller, and then the fit is different. But it seems perfect to me.

Comment

My engagement ring is a 6 and fits perfectly. Not too tight but not loose enough that it has ever fallen off, and it doesn't slip or spin around or anything. I am nervous and I hope my wedding ring fits (it'll arrive next week!).

You could buy a ring adjuster/ring guard like this one or there are others on Amazon.

Comment

My engagement ring is nice and snug, takes a bit of effort to put on/take off on warm days.. sometimes I really feel like I can't get it off on a hot day lol.

on cold days though I find it does spin to the side a little.. but not enough that I feel it could slip off, still requires a little effort to get past my knuckle. I think if you can pull it straight up with minimal resistance/effort it is too loose - thats just my opinion though
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Mine's a size 7.25. It fits a little bit tight on my finger, but I can easily take it on and off because my finger-joints are small. I wanted my ring to be tight because I work with toddlers, and I don't want to risk it falling off. I tested it by shaking my hand pretty hard over a table to see if it falls off. My husband's ring, on the other hand, is super loose around his finger! When he moves his hands it sometimes (mostly when it's cold) slides around on his finger. He prefers it that way, but there isn't a chance his ring is going to fall off because he has giant finger joints. You have to pull pretty hard to get it past the joint and all the way off. I guess it all depends on what you're comfortable with, and whether or not the ring has the chance to fall off.

Comment

Mine definitely spins and moves around on my finger.

Thinking maybe I should get it sized down a bit. I had it sized up to a 7 so it shouldn't be too hard to put it back to a 6.5 or so. hmm..

Comment

My engagement ring is US size 2.5, and my wedding band is 2.75. There's no space under my engagement ring, but it also isn't round because of the resizing.(it was created as a 4)
                    There's a small gap under my wedding band, maybe a mm, two at the very most. I can spin them, but they don't move on their own unless my hands are oily or something.
                    I currently can't get them off, but I'm 5kg heavier than I need to be too

ETA: A note on ring adjustors, if you do anything with your hands on a day to day basis, these are not for you. They aren't very comfortable and they do catch on things, it's also pretty obvious when you are wearing one and it looks tacky. Also, never try to give a hand job with one of these on your ring.
                    Last edited by Zephii; February 24, 2013, 03:46 PM.
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I don't wear rings but going off of my mom, when she isn't feeling well or I don't know why but her fingers swell sometimes (Water retention maybe? I know i"m not very helpful) but when it happens she can't get her rings off for days. Soooo, based on the fact that assumingly you will have the same ring when you are old and riddled with diseases and -itis'es it might be good to have it not fit as tight as it should. Also lots of old people have sausage fingers.

Comment

I like mine alittle bigger. I have problems with my hands/fingers and they vary in size throughout the year and for some reason my rings always end up less round and more oval shaped in time so having them abit bigger makes sure they will always fit.
                        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Both my engagement and wedding rings are too big. I actually need to take them in to be resized. I'm scared that they're going to fall off one day, and I would hate to lose either ring. The only sad thing is that my engagement ring has already been resized twice.
                          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                          Made it official: September 17, 2010
                          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                          Got married: November 21, 2012
                          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X