Wedding favors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding favors?

So i have a few minutes to kill while my SO is skyping with his family, thought I would come to you guys for ideas! Me and my SO are in the mist of wedding planning (i'll be blogging details next week lol) And recently came across different favor ideas. Those of you who have had a wedding, did you do favours? Did you have it when they left to pick up on there way out, at the table during reception? And what did you have? Traditional gifts, or unique? I kind of want to incorperate the long distance part of our relationship. But also keep it in a budget. Any links, or ideas would be nice. Or just your own thoughts or wants.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

We're having charity favours. I'm donating a block of our budget to the local Humane Society, then printing of little cards saying "We have made a small donation in your name, thank you for helping us help the puppies and kitties!" which I'll attach to the luggage tag place names.

I would just stay away from any photo-type favours- who is really going to keep a magnet or something with your face on it forever? Maybe your parents? Then it's just a waste of money. I've seen some suitcase candy-holders which are very cute, and you can buy bulk candy for very cheap.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

We went with little tins that looked like mail boxes, and put minties with little handwritten notes inside them on cards that looked like letters (got them from wedding star)
      Everyone got one each at their seat. Some people kept them, I've seen them when visiting haha.
      If we had a big wedding I'd have gone for something cheaper though.

Love Nicole's idea!
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We are having small globes as part our centerpieces so I thought that we would give these as 'favours' to those that helped us/we are closest to..

apart from that, I honestly don't know if we are going to have 'favours' really, it's a very small wedding (25ish) and I haven't been able to find favours that I like and that aren't hell expensive!
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
          So i have a few minutes to kill while my SO is skyping with his family, thought I would come to you guys for ideas! Me and my SO are in the mist of wedding planning (i'll be blogging details next week lol) And recently came across different favor ideas. Those of you who have had a wedding, did you do favours? Did you have it when they left to pick up on there way out, at the table during reception? And what did you have? Traditional gifts, or unique? I kind of want to incorperate the long distance part of our relationship. But also keep it in a budget. Any links, or ideas would be nice. Or just your own thoughts or wants.
          I'm doing our wedding favors based on the theme of our wedding, ours of very non traditional, but so is our whole wedding haha. Our wedding is at the zoo so we are doing stuffed animals and beanie babies with our names engraved with the date. We are leaving them on the tables right before the reception starts.
          "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

We gave out personalized sharpies and our favorite hot sauce. Unfortunately, we left the hot sauce in the car overnight and because of the cold they exploded all over everything! Oops! So everyone ended up getting personalized Sharpies covered in hot sauce...

Comment

Love the ideas guys, the mailbox, the luggage, personalized sharpies. We have the travel theme going on. Our save the date cards are passports, and then our invitations will be a boarding pass. So were keeping a travel theme going on. I was thinking of maybe a mini photo frame they could add there own picture, that looks like a postcard or letter. We've looked at personalized candy, seen the globe idea! lots of ideas... the hard part is finding a budget one haha

Originally posted by nicole View Post
              I would just stay away from any photo-type favours- who is really going to keep a magnet or something with your face on it forever? Maybe your parents? Then it's just a waste of money. I've seen some suitcase candy-holders which are very cute, and you can buy bulk candy for very cheap.
              thats smart to think about. I had looked at a few photo related things but this would be true for some of my family, and my SO's friends
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

My husband is from England, and I thought it would be cute to do something English for our favours. We're giving out tea bags with (homemade) biscuits. They're going to have a label that reads "A tea-ny bit of love." I saw it on this website: Tea Bag Favors. They have a bunch of really cute DIY ideas on here!
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We gave out little jars of candy that had our names on them. My godpa also designed place mats for us that our guests were free to take if they wanted. The candy was served to the guests like the last course of the meal, which was fun for me to see the reactions from people. It was like they were given a little surprise! (:

Comment

Working...
                  X