The Honeymoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Honeymoon

Yea, okay, so this isn't the first thread like this. But the last one is from almost a year ago. Soo.. here's a new one!

Where do you want to go, or did you go, for your honeymoon?

Nix & I are talking about a couple of ideas.. Right now we're between Smoky Mountains (Tennessee) or DisneyWorld. Honestly, I think we may end up in DisneyWorld.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

I had sooo much fun when I went to Disney land with my SO!

I wouldn't oppose an all inclusive for my honeymoon because I've never been to one and it might be nice to have a nice relaxing holiday compared to the busy filled days of a city break we are used to.

Comment

Yeah ours is sort of ruined because we had some unforeseen expenses. We were going to go to Morocco but obviously that bombed. I have settled for a 2-day 3-night trip to Edinburgh instead. We'll be able to have a "blow out" honeymoon replacement in a few years when we don't have a wedding to pay for too. Maybe the big trip to Japan we've both wanted to go on forever, but Scotland will have to do us for now.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I guess our honeymoon was sort of included in our wedding since it was a "destination" wedding. So I guess our honeymoon was "skiing in Colorado" Not something I would have ever guessed, but it was great. My SO especially loved skiing, the second day. The first day was full of cursing and falling and yelling "TALK TO ME IN SPANISH I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!!"

We're planning lots of trips this year too, which I think can be included in our honeymoon

Comment

We always wanted to go to Disney World for our honeymoon if we had gotten married in America. We ended up getting married here (Mali) and didn't really have a honeymoon (money/visa/safety/time issues). But we did just get back from a trip to Senegal with my family and it was like a semi-honeymoon since they let us have a lot of date nights while they babysat!

Comment

I think we'd both love to go to the Channel Islands, even though the weather can be pretty temperamental there! Their name in French is "les îles Anglo-Normandes" and since I was born in England and my SO in Normandy, for us it would feel like a symbol of our bond. Yeah... we're sentimental like that, haha

Comment

We went to the Whitsunday Islands on the Great Barrier Reef. We could only afford three nights, but it was absolute paradise. It was the perfect mixture of relaxing and adventure.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My GF and I will probably go to Hawaii (She has memories from when she lived there, Hawaiians are my distant cuzzies. Win win)
                Last edited by Tooki; March 11, 2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately we didn't get the chance for a honeymoon because hubby doesn't get any time off work as he's with an agency, so we just spent our wedding night in a jacuzzi suite of a hotel. Maybe when he's free to travel out of state we'll do something special.....But I would have liked to have gone away somewhere nice, just the two of us...

Started Writing - February 2010
                  First Visit - September 2010
                  Second Visit - June 2011
                  Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                  Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                  Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                  NOA1 - July 2012
                  NOA2 - December 2012
                  Fourth Visit - December 2012
                  Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

We stayed in a time share in a small town on the Washington coast.

Frankly... it was perfect. It was very low-key, which was great after the stress of the weeks (months, really) leading up to the wedding as well as in the days directly before the event itself. It had a beach to visit, few small local shops, and some places to eat when we felt like leaving the timeshare... which wasn't often. We considered honeymooning in a few places that had more activities, but honestly, it would have been wasted on us at that point. After all the time we had spent LD and waiting, we really just felt like staying in.
                    Last edited by Trethsparr; March 11, 2013, 06:12 PM.
                    My heart belongs to a pilot!
                    ~*~
                    ~*~
                    [/center]

Comment

I'd either want to go to Japan or Italy.

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                        Nix & I are talking about a couple of ideas.. Right now we're between Smoky Mountains (Tennessee) or DisneyWorld. Honestly, I think we may end up in DisneyWorld.
                        What happened to Belize? :/

To answer the thread: Technically we did have a mini-honeymoon as we traveled to Germany (Würzburg) for four days after our wedding, but it was a for metal festival, so I'm not sure it counts

We're still planning on having a proper honeymoon after we close the distance. Ideally it would be Corsica or Nice, but we haven't really decided yet. It need to be warm and by the sea/ocean.
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I'd love to go to Niagara Falls.

However, I'd really be very happy to find a wonderful hotel (that is not far from our hometown) that has good food nearby (because we live to eat) and just lock the world out.

Comment

My SO would love to go to Ireland, but I'd rather stick closer to home and do something smaller and more intimate. Plus I'm cheap LOL.
                            ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                              What happened to Belize? :/
                              He finally told me what he really wants for our honeymoon TBH, the more I think about spending a week in Disney with the one I love, the more excited I get about it. I haven't been to Disney since 2006, and that trip was spent running around the park with my not-boyfriend boyfriend. (We were there for band/choir/orchestra competitions) But this would be splurging on the trip - staying in one of the not-obscenely priced (but still "higher end") Disney properties, going out for dinner every night at good places, that kind of thing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand maybe a day or two at Harry Potter World. Plus we'd be there over this coming Halloween... so, let the couple's costumes commence!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X