Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise trip --- and surprise engagement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise trip --- and surprise engagement!

I will try to make this recap short and to the point and then do a long blog if people want to know more :P

So this weekend (Friday and Saturday really) my SO whisked me off on a weekend getaway to a surprise location. He made me cover my eyes for the whole car ride and wait until we were at the place to open them. Well, my GPS ended up giving it away but guess where we were?

Disneyworld! I had never been there so I basically freaked out in the car. Squealing and such. Go me.

First we checked into our resort even though it was 8am so we could get our park tickets. We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort in Disney We then made our way to Magic Kingdom and rode all of the rides. I had a blast!

Then he took me to the Grand Floridian to a restaurant called Victoria & Alberts. We had a seven course meal that cost more than I can bear to think about but it was so amazing. I felt like a princess - a princess who has the best chef in the world at her disposal.

Then came the part you all will really care about!

We went back to Magic Kingdom because I really wanted to see the fireworks. My SO got us an amazing spot right in front of the castle and the Wishes fireworks show started! About halfway through the show the castle was lit up and had hearts all over it and the song playing was talking about making wishes. My SO turns to me and whispers in my ear "If you could have any wish in the world right now, what would it be?" and I was like oh my goodness. I said (like an idiot) "I don't know" to which he replied "I think I have an idea". He got down on one knee right then and I screamed "OH MY GOD". He asked me to marry him and I squeaked out a yes before starting to cry and shake with happiness. It was definitely the best, more perfect moment of my life.

Now for some pictures!

Right after the proposal:

On Saturday we went to Epcot and got to wear these pins all around - and I got to wear my amazing engagement ring! It's a white gold princess cut solitare and basically the perfect ring - it's exactly what I wanted and he picked it out himself!

I'm so excited. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life
    Last edited by floridaellen; March 24, 2013, 09:29 AM.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Eeeeee! I'm so happy for you! And what a sweet engagement story! Congratulations!
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

I already said congrats on Facebook but you can never share too much happiness! Congrats lovely! <3 The whole trip sounds like a dream!!!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

ELLEN, OMG!!!! Congratulations, I'm so freakin' excited for you, YAY!!! Reading this totally made my night

Oh! I got so excited I forgot to say that your ring is gorgeous, you must be so proud!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

YES YES YES I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh with all your posts recently I just KNEW it had to happen!!!! Your ring is beautiful, you two are beautiful, and just YAY! I'm so happy for you!

There's a reason they call Disney the Magical Kingdom.
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

SOOOO EXCITING!! Sounds like an amazing trip (Disneyworld!) and life-changing surprise! Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations Floridaellen!!! It really does sound like an awesome proposal! I wish you all the best!

Comment

Awwwwww what a wonderful story made my day!!

Congratulations!! The ring is gorgeous!

Comment

Welll....congrats are in order! (Congrats!)

I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

Comment

Hahaha I guess it would have been more of a shock if it DIDN'T happen :P

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm super happy for you two of course

Comment

Congratulations!
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulations! What a wonderful, memorable trip to Disney!! The ring is beautiful - he did a great job!

Comment

Congratulations!!

Met online: 1/30/11
                          Met in person: 5/30/12
                          Second visit: 9/12/12
                          Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Congrats! That is so awesome! I like the button!

Comment

Congrats! Such a cute story

Comment

Working...
                              X